Sidebar Site Navigation
June 25-27, 2014
The State 4-H Office is excited to host the Wyoming 4-H Showcase Showdown on the University of Wyoming campus in Laramie! If you have questions about the event, don’t hesitate to contact Lindsey Moniz at 307-766-3430307-766-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you’re excited for the event as well!
So what’s all the excitement about??
A tentative schedule of events is available. As more information is finalized and available, continue to check the page for new items. While there will be competitions taking place at Showcase Showdown, there will also be a variety of workshops, activities, and tours too. AND, don’t miss out on the dance!
Rules for all of the contests are posted online. Included is contact information for committee chairmen who can answer specific questions you may have about a particular contest.
You want to come to Showcase Showdown ~ now what?
Registration for this event is handled through your local County 4-H Educator. Contact the Extension office to see what they need from you to get registered.
- All youth & adults need to register to participate in the event. Unfortunately, we are unable to add registrations after June 10.
- There are several registration options available:
- Full-time Package = $35 (includes all contest & activity fees, t-shirt, Thursday breakfast; Thursday dinner, Friday breakfast, Friday lunch)
- Wednesday Package = $15 (includes contest fees for this day only, t-shirt)
- Thursday Package = $25 (includes contest fees for this day only, meals this day only, t-shirt)
- Friday Package = $25 (includes contest fees for this day only, meals this day only, t-shirt)
- No package - select if you would like to purchase t-shirts or meal tickets separately or if you are only interviewing for National 4-H Congress or the State 4-H Leadership Team
- Pre-registration is required for:
- Fishing Trip (13 years old & younger)
- Project Runway
- Film Fest (videos submitted and approved ahead of time; public viewing on Thursday evening)
- Items that can be purchased separately:
- T-shirt = $10
- Thursday Breakfast = $15
- Thursday Dinner = $20
- Friday Breakfast = $15
- Friday Lunch = $20
- T-shirts and meal tickets will not be available for purchase after June 10
- Participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation & lodging for Showcase Showdown. Contact your county educator for more information about possible group arrangements.
- All activities and events will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn. Staying at this hotel will provide the most convenience for youth attending contests and activities. (i.e. Parents & chaperones – you don’t have to drive anywhere!) When booking your room, be sure to mention you are attending the Wyoming 4-H Showcase Showdown for a discounted rate. Room blocks have been set up at nearby hotels as well.
- Some contests will be held at a location other than the Hilton Garden Inn. Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from those locations.
- For the Horse Judging contest, lunch will be served at the arena for contestants and coaches only that day.
Awards Program on Thursday evening
The awards program on Thursday evening will begin after dinner (approximately 6:30 p.m.). While the dinner is only open to those who have purchased a registration package or meal ticket (see options above), the doors will be opened for anyone who would like to view the awards program as soon as dinner is finished.