Sidebar Site Navigation
June 24-25, 2013
The State 4-H Office is excited to host the Wyoming 4-H Showcase Showdown on the University of Wyoming campus in Laramie! If you have questions about the event, don’t hesitate to contact Lindsey Moniz at 307-766-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you’re excited for the event as well!
So what’s all the excitement about??
A tentative schedule of events is available. As more information is finalized and available, continue to check the page for new items. While there will be competitions taking place at Showcase Showdown, there will also be a variety of workshops, activities, tours, and trips too. AND, don’t miss out on the dance and ice cream social!
Rules for all of the contests are posted online. Included is contact information for committee chairmen who can answer specific questions you may have about a particular contest.
You want to come to Showcase Showdown ~ now what?
Registration for this event is handled through your local County 4-H Educator. Contact the Extension office to see what they need from you to get registered.
- All youth & adults need to register to participate in the event. Unfortunately, we are unable to add registrations after June 10, 2013.
- There are two registration
- Full-time = $35 (includes contest & activity fees, t-shirt, Monday dinner, Tuesday breakfast, Tuesday lunch)
- Part-time = $25 (includes fee for 1 contest, meal on the day of contest, t-shirt)
- Pre-registration is required for:
- Hiking Trip (Monday ~ 1:30-4:00 p.m.)
- Fishing Trip (Tuesday ~ 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.)
- Items that can be purchased separately:
- T-shirt = $10
- Monday dinner = $20
- Tuesday breakfast = $10
- Tuesday lunch = $12
- T-shirts and meal tickets will not be available for purchase after June 10, 2013.
- Participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation & lodging for Showcase Showdown. Contact your county educator for more information about possible group arrangements.
- All activities and events will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn. Staying at this hotel will provide the most convenience for youth attending contests and activities. (i.e. Parents & chaperones – you don’t have to drive anywhere!) When booking your room, be sure to mention you are attending the Wyoming 4-H Showcase Showdown for a discounted rate. Room blocks have been set up at nearby hotels as well.
- Some contests will be held at a location other than the Hilton Garden Inn. Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from those locations.
- For the Horse Judging contest, lunch will be served at the arena for contestants and coaches only that day.
Awards Program on Monday evening
The awards program on Monday evening will begin after dinner (approximately 6:00 p.m.). While the dinner is only open to those who have purchased a registration package or have a meal ticket, the doors will be opened for anyone who would like to view the awards program as soon as dinner is finished.