Wyoming 4-H Email Shooting Match
Air Pistol Guidelines
Information for Youth Participants
- The contest will run 6 weeks – March 30th to May 8th. One score per week will be tallied. Participants will have all week to shoot and their score will be verified by a certified shooting sports leader. County scores will be given to the local county office or e-mailed directly to the state office where they will be posted on the web.
- The first scores are due to the state 4-H office April 6th and then every Monday for the next 5 weeks (April 13, April 20, April 27, May 4, and May 9).
- Six scores are available and the highest 3 will count toward the participant’s total.
- We will follow the same guidelines as the state air pistol match. The air pistol rules and regulations are included below.
- The age categories will be junior, intermediate, and senior.
- For your convenience a score sheet is included below. The score sheet does not need to be submitted – only the total score for each participant will need to be submitted to the state 4-H office.
Information for Extension Staff & Shooting Sports Volunteers
For your convenience a score sheet is located here.
- April 6
- April 13
- April 20
- April 27
- May 4
- May 9
Scores can be sent to the state 4-H office via e-mail: email@example.com
The top 10 shooters in each age category will receive shooting pins to recognize them for their accomplishment. The pins will be sent to the County Extension Office after the final scores have been tallied and posted to the web.
Match Rules & Course of Fire
40 shots, slow fire, 1 minute per shot, 5 shots per bull. Each shot will be loaded and fired individually.
A preparation period will be allotted prior to firing each stage of the competition. A sight-in area will be provided to allow participants to sight-in prior to the start of the relay.
Match winner will be determined by the total score of the above two stages.
In case of tie, the following tie-breaker will be used: Total number of X’s.
TARGETS: B 40/4 10 meter Air Pistol Targets
DISTANCE: 10 meters
Any .177 Caliber Air Pistol
Maximum velocity – 985 ft/sec.
Metallic sights only
No set triggers
Senior aged members my shoot one handed - all other age groups will shoot standing, two-hand unsupported. All portions of the shooters clothing, body, and gun clear of artificial support. Competitors will
take their position in such a manner as not to interfere with competitors on either side. No portion of the shooter’s body may rest upon or touch the ground in advance of the firing line.
.177 caliber wadcutter – competitors must supply their own ammunition.
All range commands will come from the range officer.
Violation of safety rules may result in immediate disqualification from match. Refer to General Event Rules for specific safety information.