Wyoming 4-H Youth Development Program|University of Wyoming Extension
Wyoming 4-H Livestock Skill-A-Thon Contest
2014 Group Process Categories
- Juniors - What are some various types of herd management
software and what are their capabilities? What is the cost for each?
- Intermediates - Explain proper usages of medicines and vaccines.
- Seniors - Explain proper usages of medicines and vaccines.
2014 Group Process Questions
- Juniors: You have a commercial cattle operation and would like
to purchase a software program to help you manage your herd. What program will
you pick and why? What are the program’s strengths and weaknesses? How much
will it cost to purchase and maintain the program?
- Intermediates: You have decided to start a breeding swine herd, and
in the interest of being a good herd manager you talk to your vet prior to
purchasing animals to establish a vaccination program. What vaccines will you
use? Include a detailed plan outlining vaccination methods and techniques for
each vaccine you will use.
- Seniors: You notice that your sheep is having a respiratory
problem. Your neighbor is very knowledgeable about sheep, and you have gone to
him in the past for advice. He tells you to give your sheep Draxxin. Will you
give the drug? What considerations go into your decision, and what will be your
next course of action?