Sidebar Site Navigation
Wyoming 4-H Livestock Skill-A-Thon Contest
2013 Group Process Categories
- Juniors - What are the differences and similarities in nutrient requirements between breeding animals and short-term market animals?
- Intermediates - What are some desirable and undesirable genetic traits in each species of livestock?
- Seniors - What are the differences and similarities in nutrient requirements between breeding animals and short-term market animals?
2013 Group Process Questions
- Juniors - You have both a market steer and a breeding heifer that are the same age. The steer you plan to sell at the County Fair and the heifer you plan to breed and keep in your herd. You need to make a ration for each one. What considerations will be the same for both animals? What will be different?
- Intermediates - You have decided to start a registered herd of Targhee sheep. As you purchase animals, what genetic traits (positive and negative) will you consider? How will these traits influence your decision when purchasing animals?
- Seniors - You manage a swine facility with breeding animals. Additionally, you feed swine until they are ready for market. What nutritional considerations should you make for each aspect of your facility?