Wyoming 4-H Livestock Skill-A-Thon Contest
2016 group processing coming soon!
2014 Group Process Categories
- Juniors - What are some various types of herd management software and what are their capabilities? What is the cost for each?
- Intermediates - Explain proper usages of medicines and vaccines.
- Seniors - Explain proper usages of medicines and vaccines.
2014 Group Process Questions
- Juniors: You have a commercial cattle operation and would like to purchase a software program to help you manage your herd. What program will you pick and why? What are the program’s strengths and weaknesses? How much will it cost to purchase and maintain the program?
- Intermediates: You have decided to start a breeding swine herd, and in the interest of being a good herd manager you talk to your vet prior to purchasing animals to establish a vaccination program. What vaccines will you use? Include a detailed plan outlining vaccination methods and techniques for each vaccine you will use.
- Seniors: You notice that your sheep is having a respiratory problem. Your neighbor is very knowledgeable about sheep, and you have gone to him in the past for advice. He tells you to give your sheep Draxxin. Will you give the drug? What considerations go into your decision, and what will be your next course of action?