Ross Hall 109
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82070
The African American & Diaspora Studies program assessment is designed to:
1. Determine the extent to which the African American Diaspora Studies Program is achieving its mission;
2. Examine and evaluate the program's performance as the purveyor of knowledge; and
3. Support the development of students in the African American Diaspora Studies program to become active agents in the acquisition and development of knowledge of the discipline.
Students who complete the requirements for a minor in African American & Diaspora Studies should be able to:
1. Identify and demonstrate knowledge of the significant contributions of African Americans and African descent people in America and in the world.
2. Identify and demonstrate knowledge about major figures in Black History.
3. Demonstrate and understanding of the development of the discipline and the seven core areas and use appropriate information technology to present and enhance that knowledge.
4. Demonstrate the acquisition of skills to think and to write critically about issues of race, class, and issues of social justice in a social and historical context.