Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the cost for attending UW?

Costs of attending the University of Wyoming.

Will the undergraduate accounting degree allow me to sit for the CPA exam?

No. To become a CPA in Wyoming you must have a bachelor's degree, 30 semester hours of accounting, 24 semester hours of business study, 150 semester hours of college education, and one year of full-time work experience. We have implemented a 30 semester hour master of science in accounting program that you can complete in one year. This will satisfy the CPA exam requirement and, more importantly, give additional depth to your program. Of course, the master of science in accounting program is available for all of our students, not just those who are interested in public accounting.

Contact Us


Department 3275

1000 E. University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-3136


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon