Sidebar Site Navigation
Announcing PEAK 2014. An annual conference for Professional Development, Engagement, Advancement, and Knowledge (PEAK) among Wyoming's college and career guidance counselors, secondary school administrators and university and college admissions officers. Jointly sponsored by the University of Wyoming, Wyoming Admissions Officers (WAO), and The Rocky Mountain Association for College Admission Counseling (RMACAC).*
Peak will provide valuable insight into:
- Preparing students for Broadway and Beyond.
- Letters of Recommendation and Student Essays- How to get the most out of both.
- Admissions Best Practices and Code of Ethics
- Transitions into Higher Education via International Students, Transfer Students, and the Freshman Experience in the film 500 Words or Less
Please plan to join us (registration required): Registration closed
When: February 20th and 21st, 2014
Where: University of Wyoming campus in Laramie
Preview the schedule (PDF) for details and the tentative program agenda!
*Continuing Education Units (CEU) will be made available for individuals who attend the entire conference. Please check for more information and requirements.
Checkout evening activities and food specials around Laramie!
There are rooms reserved in blocks at both the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn for your convenience during the PEAK conference. The rooms are blocked off for Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 for those who will be arriving the night before the conference, as well as for Thursday, February 20th, 2014.
The Holiday Inn has ten rooms available each night (5 king and 5 double beds) at a rate of $89 per night. For more information or to book your reservation for the conference, please call them at 307-721-9000 and ask for the PEAK conference rate. http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/laramie/lareg/hoteldetail The Holiday Inn is located at: 204 S 30th St, Laramie, WY 82070
The Hampton Inn has 30 rooms available each night (4 kings, 26 double beds) at a rate of $80 per night. For more information or to book your reservation for the conference, please call them at 307-742-0125 and ask for the PEAK conference rate. http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/wyoming/hampton-inn-laramie-LARWYHX/index.html The Hampton Inn is located at: 3715 East Grand Avenue, Laramie, WY 82070
For the Holiday Inn, they need to book their reservation by February 6th, to get the conference rate and for the Hampton Inn, they need to book their reservation by February 7th, to get the conference rate.
For the quickest and most efficient way to get to the University of Wyoming campus for the PEAK conference, please park at the FREE parking lot!
- The Free Express Shuttle Lot is located on 30th and Willett Street, http://www.uwyo.edu/tap/_files/mapfiles/2011-unionexpress.pdf
- Once you have parked, please wait in one of the central bus shelters for the “UNION EXPRESS” Shuttle.
- The Union Express Shuttle will drop you off right outside of the east entrance to the Wyoming Student Union, where the PEAK conference is being held!
- For parking instructions, please call 307-766-4261 (Katie Watson) or 307-766-3796 (Jen Paintin) or 307-766-3871 (Brody Tate).
Questions? Feel free to e-mail or call UW Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (307) 766-5160