Sidebar Site Navigation
Confirm your Enrollment at UW
The University of Wyoming requires new, first-time students (freshmen and transfers) to confirm their intent to enroll and submit a $300 enrollment deposit.
- Students admitted for the Summer or Fall term are required to confirm their enrollment/pay their deposit by May 1st or within 3 weeks of their admission to UW.
- Students admitted for the Spring term are required to confirm their enrollment/pay their deposit by December 1st or within 3 weeks of their admission to UW.
- Students who miss the applicable deadline and fail to complete enrollment confirmation, including the deposit, may lose scholarships, aid, course registration, academic advising and other UW opportunities.
You will be required to enter your student identification number "W number" (provided at the bottom of your admission letter) when confirming.
Once you have completed enrollment confirmation you can:
- Register and attend new student orientation (held in June)
- Complete a housing contract through Residence Life & Dining Services
- Register for Freshman Interest Groups (optional)
- Participate in Sure Start (confirmed students who qualify for this program will be notified in advance of Orientation)
- Access WyoWeb and receive your student email account.
WyoWeb & Student Email
Once you confirm your enrollment and submit your deposit, you will receive a student e-mail account. Your account is accessible through the e-mail icon on WyoWeb. WyoWeb will include a personalized checklist detailing important updates such as financial aid notices or account holds.
Stay informed. Check WyoWeb and your student e-mail frequently for important updates, next step information and all future UW communication.
The enrollment deposit is fully refundable only if a written refund request is submitted to the UW Admissions Office May 1st (Summer and Fall enrollees) or December 1st (for Spring enrollees). Refund requests may be emailed to email@example.com. The deposit is non-refundable after these dates. The semester you pay your enrollment deposit cannot be applied to a future semester if your plans change.
Additional Enrollment Confirmation Details
- The University of Wyoming requires a $300 enrollment deposit for all first-time freshmen and transfer undergraduate students.
- The enrollment deposit is not an additional charge, but a pre-payment on student expenses including tuition and housing.
- Full details of UW's live-in policy can be viewed at www.uwyo.edu/reslife-dining/halls/live_in_policy.html. Questions should be directed to UW Residence Life & Dining Services at 866-653-0212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The following students are not required to confirm their intent to enroll, nor pay an enrollment deposit.
- Graduate students
- Non-degree seeking students
- Students attending UW on an exchange
- Outreach students
- Returning students who were previously enrolled at UW as a degree-seeking student
- Benefited UW employees
- The receipt and use of Hathaway Scholarship and other non-UW scholarship awards is independent of UW's confirmation requirements and is not dependent on your admission and/or confirmation.
Please contact UW Admissions about the process of confirming your enrollment. We can be reached at 800-342-5996 or at email@example.com.