Holistic Alternative Admissions
APPLY TO UW TODAY!
We welcome all students to apply and will consider each student based on their individual academic achievement. Be sure and submit your application and one-time nonrefundable $40 application fee, official high school transcripts sent directly from your school, and official ACT or SAT test scores for admission consideration. In support of the land-grant ideals, we welcome Holistic Alternative Admissions at the University of Wyoming.
HOLISTIC ALTERNATIVE ADMISSIONS
Holistic Alternative Admissions is another option for admission to UW. Applicants must be graduating with a high school diploma or GED. Applicants are required to submit the following: application and one-time nonrefundable $40 application fee, official high school transcripts sent directly from your school, official ACT or SAT test scores, and one essay of 350 words.
Choose one of the following questions and respond to it.
What is the most important lesson you have learned in your life? How might you apply this lesson to your goals for college and beyond?
Who is responsible for guiding young people in social media and internet practices? How might this guidance play a role in preparing young people for college?
Your response should be approximately 350 words in length. You might consider the following advice as you write your essay:
- Pay attention to the question and be sure that your response adequately answers all of the parts of the question.
- Use the writing process: make a draft, edit and revise your draft, and then carefully proofread your final draft. You might consider reading your draft out loud, in order to see how the language of your writing flows.
- Your essay will be evaluated by more than one reviewer, and the reviewers will be examining your essay for some of the following criteria:
- recognizing the complexity of ethical or contemporary issues in our world
- showing creativity by introducing a fresh perspective or new synthesis of various perspectives
- articulating a clear proposal to address a problem (personal or societal)
- understanding implications of problems or issues for multiple people and contexts
- To submit your essay, please e-mail Christy Oliver, Associate Director, at Plumb@uwyo.edu.
- Once you have submitted your essay, please expect a response within 2-3 weeks. If at any time you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 307-766-5160 or email.
Persons seeking admission, employment, or access to programs of the University of Wyoming shall be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or political belief.