Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Non-Degree Students

Undergraduate Application Process

The non-degree undergraduate admission status is a special status that is not available to international students or students who have a suspension status at UW or any other college or university.

Non-degree students CAN NOT receive financial aid or UW scholarships.

Step 1: Apply for Admission and pay the non-refundable application fee

Prospective undergraduate and graduate students may elect to enroll in UW undergraduate courses as a "non-degree" student. Under this admission status, undergraduate students may take a maximum of 7 credit hours per semester and cannot apply more than 12 total credits taken as non-degree student toward an undergraduate degree.

Step 2: Get Advised

Connect with the Advising, Career, Exploratory Studies Center to get advised.

If you have any questions about whether or not applying as a non-degree student is right for you, please contact the Admissions Office.

Contact Us

Office of Admissions

1000 E. University Avenue, Department 3435

Laramie, WY, WY 82071

Phone: Phone: (307) 7

Toll Free: Toll-Free: (80


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon