Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Hathaway Scholarship Program

Transfer Students

The current information is for the academic year 2020-21 and is subject to change for the 2021-22 academic year. Updated information for 2021-22 to come soon!

Hathaway Transcript

Students that have received Hathaway from a Wyoming Community College are required to provide a Hathaway transcript from the Financial Aid Office at the Community College. These transcripts can be requested at the end of the semester and are sent to the University of Wyoming Financial Aid Office.

Check out the Hathaway Scholarship Program FAQs for Transfer Students.

GPA Requirement

Students must maintain a 2.5 for the top two levels of Hathaway and a 2.25 for the lower two levels.*

Steps to Regain
-Hathaway funds will be rescinded until the first academic semester occurring after the Hathaway GPA has been restored

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Requirement

24 credits need to be successfully completed to make satisfactory academic progress.**

Steps to Regain
-Hathaway funds will be rescinded until the first academic semester occurring after SAP has been restored.

Continuous Enrollment Requirement

Student must be enrolled without sitting out a semester to continue to get Hathaway.

Steps to Regain
-Hathaway funds will be rescinded until the student enrolls and completes one academic term as a full-time or part-time student, whichever is applicable.**  Summer term cannot be used to reestablish continuous enrollment.

Provisional Opportunity Level without a Certificate/Degree Requirement

Students must transfer to UW with an associate's degree from a Wyoming community college.

Steps to Regain
-Must obtain a degree from a Wyoming community college to get award at UW.

*An Honor or Performance level student whose GPA drops no lower than a 2.25 can receive the Opportunity level of the scholarship until the GPA of 2.5 or higher is restored.

**Student who lose eligibility from SAP or continuous enrollment will have their ability to regain based on the full-time or part-time status of their last semester they received Hathaway.

Contact Us

Admissions | Knight Hall 150

Department 3435

1000 East University Avenue

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307)766-5160

Toll Free: (800)342-5996

Fax: (307)766-4042


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon