John W. Hoyt Scholarship
The University of Wyoming is proud to offer the John W. Hoyt Scholarship to Wyoming residents who transfer to the University of Wyoming from a Wyoming community college with an Associate's degree.
|Cumulative Transfer GPA*||Annual Amount|
|Wyoming Community College Graduates||3.40||$1,000|
To be considered for the John W. Hoyt Scholarship, students must:
- Apply for admission and submit the $40 admission application fee by August 1 for Fall enrollment
- Submit official college transcripts by August 1 for Fall enrollment
- Be admitted to UW
- Confirm enrollment by August 1, 11:59 pm MDT
Students are provisionally awarded the John W. Hoyt Scholarship by the UW Admissions Office shortly after being admitted. Final awards are made upon receipt of all final academic records.
Initial Eligibility and Scholarship Compliance
- The John W. Hoyt Scholarship is only available to first-time, entering resident transfer students who have earned an Associate's degree from a Wyoming community college.
- This scholarship provides support for up to 4 semesters (2 academic years) or up to the first bachelor's degree whichever comes first.
- Students must maintain full-time continuous enrollment (12 semester hours) during the Fall and Spring semesters each year but is not available for use during the Summer semester.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA (evaluated at the end of each Spring semester).
All UW scholarships are subject to available funding, and are only available for eligible admits who begin in the fall semester.