1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4075
Individual Student Visits
(Please allow one week's notice or consider a Daily Drop-In)
We want to provide YOU an opportunity to experience our campus firsthand, and to do so, we make our check-in times strategic to allow you to get a true sense of being a “Cowboy!” Please plan on a minimum of 4 hours for your visit, you won’t be disappointed!
It is important that we receive your visit request a full week in advance of your appointment. Make sure to consult our Academic Calendar prior to selecting your date. We arrange individual visits Monday-Friday ONLY.
Individual Visits will not be available on the following days:
November 3-7, 2014
November 26-28, 2014
December 22, 2014-January 2, 2015
January 19, 2015
May 25, 2015
Individual Visits will not be available on the following dates, but join us for Stampede Days!
October 13-17, 24, 27, and 31
The Month of November
March 13, 23-27, 30-31
March 16-20, 2015, is UW's Spring Break. Individual Visits are available, but Washakie Dining Center will not be open and faculty availability is less likely.
Unlike other campus visits, we offer:
• A UW water bottle upon your check-in. At 7220 feet elevation, you need to stay hydrated!
• A student guided tour including our major academic buildings and the residence halls.
• A complimentary lunch for every visiting student and discounted prices for parents and additional guests. (Contingent on your check-in time and date.)
Summer Visits are a more relaxed experience on a quieter campus. While Washakie Dining Center is not available, we will leave time in your schedule to eat on your own at the venues in the Wyoming Student Union.
• Speak with an admissions representative to learn more about UW, the admissions process, and scholarships.
• The opportunity to meet a representative in your academic area(s) of interest.
• At the conclusion of your day and the submission of your Visit Evaluation, you will receive a 10% discount card for our University Store!
Still have questions? Want to learn more about campus opportunities? This is your time to explore campus on your own or ask for assistance.
|Take advantage of your trip to Laramie and plan time to explore local hiking, biking, climbing, and skiing opportunities; shop our historic downtown as you enjoy local coffee shops and restaurants; or perhaps take a leisurely drive over the Snowy Range or over to the Vedauwoo rock formations east of Laramie.|
Students interested in meeting with the Nursing Program are encouraged to schedule their visit on a day that Nursing faculty are available. More information on the Nursing Visit Days can be found here. These take place on Individual Visit days or Stampede Days, and are coordinated with their respective schedules.
Please note that we are not able to arrange appointments with NCAA D-1 athletic teams. You are welcome to contact the coaches on your own in conjunction with your planned trip to campus. See "Athletics Dept." at www.wyomingathletics.com.
Most graduate programs prefer to schedule visits directly with prospective graduate students. Please contact the department of your field of study for more information!
A group visit is defined by bringing more than 5 students at one time to see campus. Our group visit program can be tailored to meet your group’s needs. If you have a group that would like to experience UW first-hand, please call (307-766-4075) or e-mail (VisitUW@uwyo.edu) directly to discuss scheduling this appointment.
Ready for more?
- Evaluate your Individual Visit
- Not able to make it? Please cancel by emailing VisitUW@uwyo.edu.
- Preparing to depart? Check out road conditions and weather, plus review instructions for parking on campus and the questions you'll ask during your visit.
If you have questions, email us at VisitUW@uwyo.edu or call 307-766-4075 or 1800-DIAL-WYO.