1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-4075
Because our office will be closed on Friday, July 25th for Picnic in the Pasture, we are unable to take any new individual visits requests for Monday, July 28th. However, please consider attending one of our 3 “Daily Drop-In Appointments.”
Daily Drop-in Appointments
Are you traveling through Laramie this summer? Would like to swing by and see what all the UW buzz is about?
We have drop-in times available for our unexpected guests. This allows three available time slots to take advantage of, but don’t be late, tours leave promptly on the hour offered below.
To sign up for this informal appointment, you can just show up to the Pre-College Office in Knight Hall, Room 106, at the designated hour listed below or call 307-766-4075, to let us know that you are coming. NOTE: Parking and check-in information is available at the bottom of this page.
Join us today for a campus tour, followed by an admissions appointment at:
- 10 a.m. UW Campus Tour/11 a.m. Group Admissions Appointment
- 12 p.m. UW Campus Tour/1 p.m. Group Admissions Appointment
- 2 p.m. UW Campus Tour/3 p.m. Group Admissions Appointment
Academic appointments are not included for visits that are not scheduled a week in advance.
Individual Student Visits
(Please allow one week notice or consider a Daily Drop-In Appointment)
We want to provide YOU an opportunity to experience our campus firsthand, and to do so, we make our check-in times strategic to allow you to get a true sense of being a “Cowboy!” Please plan on a minimum of 4 hours for your visit, you won’t be disappointed!
It is important that we receive your visit request a full week in advance of your appointment. Make sure to consult our Academic Calendar at www.uwyo.edu/calendar prior to selecting your date. We arrange individual visits Monday-Friday ONLY.
Due to holiday closures and limited assistance, we will not be providing campus visits on:
July 25, 2014 - Because our office will be closed on Friday, July 25th for Picnic in the Pasture, we are unable to take any new individual visits requests for Monday, July 28th. However, please consider attending one of our 3 “Daily Drop-In Appointments.”
August 29, 2014
September 1-2, 2014
November 3-7, 2014
November 26-28, 2014
Coming on short notice? Please call us at 307-766-4075 after you submit your online visit request. We will do our best to accommodate you, but you may be limited to a campus tour and an admissions appointment.
Summer Visits are a more relaxed experience on a quieter campus. While Washakie Dining Center is not available, we will leave time in your schedule to eat on your own at the venues in the Wyoming Student Union.
Unlike other campus visits, we offer:
• A UW water bottle upon your check-in. At 7220 feet elevation, you need to stay hydrated!
• A student guided tour including our major academic buildings and the residence halls.
• A complimentary lunch for every visiting student and discounted prices for parents and additional guests. (Contingent on your check-in time and date.)
• Speak with an admissions representative to learn more about UW, the admissions process, and scholarships. (You can choose to have a one-on-one admissions appointment or, if you are visiting on a Friday morning, you can chose to participate in a fun-engaged group admissions presentation that answers all of the questions.)
• The opportunity to meet a representative in the College that your primary major will be housed
• At the conclusion of your day and the submission of your Visit Evaluation, you will receive a 10% discount card for our University Store!
Still have questions? Want to learn more about campus opportunities? This is your time to explore campus on your own or ask for assistance.
|Take advantage of your trip to Laramie and plan time to explore local hiking, biking, climbing, and skiing opportunities; shop our historic downtown as you enjoy local coffee shops and restaurants; or perhaps take a leisurely drive over the Snowy Range or over to the Vedauwoo rock formations east of Laramie.|
Students interested in meeting with the Nursing Program are encouraged to schedule their visit on a day that Nursing faculty are available. Click Here for more information. Plan to be on campus in time to take the 10 a.m. tour (or earlier) on these days as the Nursing appointment will take from 1-3 p.m.
Please note that we are not able to arrange appointments with NCAA D-1 athletic teams. You are welcome to contact the coaches on your own in conjunction with your planned trip to campus. See "Athletics Dept." at www.wyomingathletics.com.
Most graduate programs prefer to schedule visits directly with prospective graduate students. Please contact the department of your field of study for more information!
A group visit is defined by bringing more than 5 students at one time to see campus. Our group visit program can be tailored to meet your group’s needs. If you have a group that would like to experience UW first-hand, please call (307-766-4075) or e-mail (VisitUW@uwyo.edu) directly to discuss scheduling this appointment.
Ready for more?
- Evaluate your Individual Visit
- Not able to make it? Please cancel by emailing VisitUW@uwyo.edu.
- Preparing to depart? Check out road conditions and weather, plus review instructions for parking on campus and the questions you'll ask during your visit.
If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 307-766-4075 or 1800-DIAL-WYO.Individual Visits FAQs