Sidebar Site Navigation
Beyond the Classroom
Study Abroad Opportunities at UW
At the University of Wyoming, you can make overseas study a part of your regular degree program, regardless of your major or second language skills. You have the opportunity to spend a full academic year, semester, summer, or participate in a short faculty-led study tour.
Opportunities through UW International Programs
The UW International Programs office has information on faculty led tours, partnerships with other universities around the world, how to apply for international programs and much more . . .
- Exchange - Students pay UW tuition and fees to attend a partner institution
- Study Abroad - Courses are hosted by a 3rd party program provider and all costs are paid to the host institution or program provider
- Faculty Led Programs - Faculty with expertise in their area of study provide students with an opportunity to join them by enrolling in their study abroad course.
Upcoming College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Programs
- Italy - Textile and Architecture Tour of Italy (Summer 2013)
- France - Experience French agriculture, culture and food (Summer 2013)
- Kenya - Study tour of Kenyan culture and sustainable agriculture systems (December 2013)
- Kenya - Biointensive Agriculture Certification offered through Manor House (May 2013)
- Ecuador - Study tropical forest insects and plants at the Yana Yacu Research Station (May 2013)
- New Zealand - Biosecurity or insecurity on a mad planet - ecological overview of invasive species in New Zealand. (Winter Break 2012/13)
- Ireland - An introduction to EU agriculture (May 2013)
- Australia - Study Australian farming systems, wildlife, culture in Queensland - (July 2013 - 4 weeks)
Beyond the Classroom International Study Scholarships
Beyond the Classroom awards grants to College of Agriculture and Natural Resources students participating in college/university sponsored international study programs, faculty-led study tours, or international independent study programs. The main focus is to help students who have limited experience with other cultures and countries.
- Application Information and Criteria
- Application Deadline: November 16, 2012 for the 2012/2013 academic year.