AHC Research Stipends for History Day
The American Heritage Center at the University of Wyoming is offering five scholarships to be used by participants of Wyoming History Day 2014. Each award is for $50.00 and provides support for travel, photocopying, photo reproductions, and general costs of producing a project while researching collections at the American Heritage Center.
- Applicant must be a Wyoming History Day 2014 participant.
- Scholarship is to aid students in accessing and using the American Heritage Center collections. The scholarship may be used to pay for travel to the AHC, photocopying, photo reproductions of AHC material and general production costs.
- Applications will be evaluated on originality and historical significance, the availability of AHC collections supporting research, and the appropriateness of the topic to the History Day theme, "Innovation in History: Impact and Change." Winners will be selected by region and grade from all acceptable applications.
- Students are encouraged to write or call the American Heritage Center at (307) 766-3756 to determine if the AHC has collections relating to their History Day topic before applying for the scholarship.
- A teacher must sign the application before it is submitted.
- Applications must be received by February 28, 2014.
Send applications to:
Coordinator, Wyoming History Day
American Heritage Center
Dept. 3924, 1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071