Global Resource Navigation
Health Careers Exploration
Wyoming AHEC strongly encourages students interested in the service of health care to explore the entire spectrum of health occupations. Use the links below to learn.
- What it's like to be a...(nurse practitioner, radiography technician, pharmacist, EMT, etc.)?
- What training is required?
- What are the job prospects?
Explorehealthcareers.org gives students a reliable and comprehensive source of accurate, up-to-date information about the health professions. This includes information on and links to health-related education/training programs, financial aid resources, specialized learning opportunities, and current issues in health care.
- LIFEWORKSTM Explore over 100 Health and Science careers at the National Institutes of Health's resource center.
- Wyoming Health Sciences Career Cluster Guide created by the Wyoming Department of Education gives Wyoming students up-to-date local educational opportunities and employment predictions for more than 25 different healthcare professions.
- Career One stop Videos and information from the US Dept. of Labor.
- Bureau of Labor Statistic's Occupational Outlook Handbook A comprehensive guide to health care careers, schooling and work settings.
- Wyoming Career Toolkit Simplify your education and career decisions. Sponsored by the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, this powerful tool is free of charge for all youth and adults served by all Workforce Centers in the state. The Career Toolkit provides you with lifetime access to a career portfolio that you can use for all your career needs.
- nursingdegreeschools.com is a non-commercial website offering relevant, reliable and unbiased information on nursing schools and degree programs.