Sidebar Site Navigation
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC)
Pre-med Physician Shadowing Program
The CRMS Pre-med Physician Shadowing Program was created to allow pre-medical college students an opportunity to job shadow physicians in numerous specialties. This 40 hour program will be offered three times each year, roughly following the University of Wyoming's academic calendar: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
All shadowing rotations will take place at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center. Students will be able to schedule rotations in order to accommodate their academic/work schedules as much as possible. Since most students will be traveling from Laramie, students should generally expect to commit a minimum of 4 hours per rotation.
There are a limited number of shadowing positions available each semester. Premedical students must submit completed application materials (listed below) in order to be considered for this program. Upon submission of a completed application, students will be invited to meet with Marivern Easton, Program Coordinator for an informal interview to assess student's readiness for the program.
|- General Biology and at least one Life Science or Zoology course (2000- level or higher)|
|- General Chemistry l and ll|
1. Complete Application Information Sheet
Deadlines (subject to change): Spring semester 2013-February 11th.
Summer semester 2013- March 28th
Fall semester 2012- September 10th
2. Informal interview with Marivern Easton, Program Coordinator
After being selected for the program:
3. Submission of the following immunization documentation:
- Rubeola/rubella/mumps titers showing immunity and/or record of two doses of MMR vaccine
- Hep B (Series started with at least one dose documented) OR Titer, OR Refusal (documented)
- Varicella (2 doses of vaccine OR titer showing immunity)
- Tetanus vaccine less than 10 years old
- PPD less than twelve months old or CXR in last year if known converter
4. Completed background check (available for $35 - see http://www.uwyo.edu/hs)
5. Completion of NEGATIVE Urine Drug Screen (available @ Wyo Med Lab in Laramie)
All forms/documentation must be submitted to Marivern Easton, WWAMI Medical Program Office, Health Sciences Bldg, Rm 457.