Attention interested students, Vista Equine is currently looking for 2013 summer interns.
Vista Equine is a full service equine reproduction facility. Vista Equine wishes to provide a non-paid internship for those students interested in an opportunity to experience the business side of the equine industry. As a breeding farm, students that have taken or are in the process of taking Equine Reproduction will probably benefit the most from this experience. Any student, however, that is interested in working in the equine industry after graduation will benefit from experiencing a working business in the breeding and sales prepping season.
In order to participate in this internship opportunity you must:
¨ Currently be enrolled in an internship program at a university.
¨ Complete all paperwork necessary (both Vista Equine’s and the university’s) for the internship a minimum of one week before beginning your internship.
¨ Finish the required hours for the amount of credits taken in order to complete the internship.
During the internship, duties include but are not limited to:
- Mare handling and restraint
- Foal handling and halter breaking
- Assisting with stallion collection
- Assisting with semen evaluation, processing and shipment
- Assisting with artificial insemination
- Medication and vaccination administration
- Assisting with herd health
- Ultrasonography observation
- Embryo flush/transfer participation and observation
- Palpation and health record keeping
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Breeding equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Assisting with veterinary procedures and minor surgeries
- Assisting with grooming, vacuuming, and working yearling sale horses
Please remember that as we become more comfortable with you, you will be allowed to do more. Vista Equine is a business first and foremost so interns will be expected to treat this as they would a job. Interns will be considered in the order they apply. If this internship sounds like something you would like to experience, please contact us. Interns are a vital part of our business and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Vista Equine Colorado, LLC
5412 E. CR 32E
If interested and/or have questions please contact Kristen Knox and Brandon Naysnerski at: email@example.com or the phone number above. We look forward to speaking with you!