Sidebar Site Navigation
Equine Science at the University of Wyoming
The equine science program has grown from an idea to a new program! Since the start of the new equine lecturer/equine specialist (Amy K. McLean) several new courses and new student equestrian teams and clubs have been formed. Also, new opportunities for students interested in equine have become more readily available such as conducting a special problem focused on equine genetics or learning more about the equine industry through the equine internship program.
- ANSC 3250 Equine Behavior and Welfare
- ANSC 4111/PATB 4111 Equine Health and Disease
- ANSC 1030 Equine Management (Spring Semester)
- ANSC Equine Nutrition and Physiology
- ANSC 4555 Special Problems Equine Focus
- ANSC Internships- Equine Focus
- ANSC 1080 Livestock Showing and Fitting (Beef, Swine, Sheep, and Equine)
- ANSC 1010 Introduction to Animal Science (Beef, Swine, Sheep, and Equine)
- ANSC 3555 Introduction to Equine Evaluation and Selection (Spring Semester)
- ANSC 3560 Advanced Equine Evaluation and Selection (Fall Semester)
- Keep in mind all ANSC courses are not listed but many other courses do offer several sessions on equine.
- Equine Behavior
- Equine Reproduction
- Equine Health and Disease
- Equine Business
- Equine Management and Production
Also note the internships - please click HERE to visit the internship link.