Download and Install Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 (student install)
The University of Wyoming possesses a Microsoft Campus Agreement with Student Option subscription, allowing enrolled students the right to install Microsoft Office and Office Mac suites and Windows operating system upgrades on their personal computers.
UW students have the option to download software over a high speed Internet connection or order the software on CD. UW Information Technology has partnered with e-Academy for distribution of Student Option software.
Downloaded software is provided at no cost when downloaded from the university server. CDs or downloads that are ordered from e-Academy must be paid for by the student. Students may choose to have the CDs shipped to them directly (media plus additional shipping charges) or pick them up at a campus location (charge for media only). Each student is entitled to one copy of each qualifying product.
See the Microsoft Campus Agreement with Student Option FAQ to learn about what software is available through this Agreement, how to attain and install the software, estimated costs if you choose to order the CD, whether you are eligible to run the software, and other pertinent information.\
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Applications
- Outlook with Business Contact Manager
- SharePoint Workspace
Minimum System Requirements for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- 500 megahertz (MHz) processor or higher
- 256 megabyte (MB) RAM or higher.
- 1.5 GB; a portion of the disk space will be freed after installation if the original download package is removed from the hard drive.
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- 1024x768 or higher resolution monitor
- Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3 (32-bit), Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit or 64- bit), Windows Server 2008 with SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit). Terminal Server and Windows on Windows (WOW) (which allows installing 32-bit versions of Office 2010 on 64-bit operating systems) are supported.
NOTE: You don't need to replace hardware that is capable of running Office 2007; it will support Office 2010.
NOTE: Use of graphics hardware acceleration requires DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with 64 MB or higher video memory. Requirements and product functionality can vary based on the system configuration and operating system.
NOTE: These are the minimum requirements for running Office Professional Plus 2010. Performance may be degraded if the computer resources are limited by a minimum configuration.
NOTE: It is recommended that you uninstall all previous versions of Microsoft Office and any beta Microsoft applications prior to installing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.
- Downloading the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 Installation File
- Go to the UW Application Software and Resources site, and click Students.
- In the Wyoware Software for UW Students page, read the Microsoft Campus Agreement with Student Option FAQ linked to from this page, and click Start download/order process HERE.
- When prompted for a username and password, enter your UWYO domain username and password, and click OK.
- In the Available Microsoft Software page, select Office Professional Plus 2010 and click Continue.
- In the Terms & Conditions for Use of This Web Site page, read through the acceptance form, select I accept the terms of the above agreement, and click Continue.
- In the Select Software Delivery Method page, select Download software (free), and click Continue.
- In the File Download - Security Warning window, click Save File.
- Save the file to your desktop.
- Once the download has completed, click Close.
NOTE: The Office Professional Plus 2010 installation file, Microsoft_Office_2010_Pro_Plus.exe, is now saved to your desktop. It is strongly recommended that you backup this file to an external device (USB flash drive, CDR, DVD, etc.), before continuing this process, as it will be needed if it ever becomes necessary for you to re-install this software. Use your computer's Copy function to save the file to external storage.
- On your desktop, double-click the Microsoft_Office_2010_Pro_plus.exe icon to begin installing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.
- Installing Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Wait until the file unzips.
- In the Read the Microsoft Software License Terms window, click the I agree to the terms of this agreement check box, and click Continue.
- In the Choose the installation you want window, click Install New (clean) or Customize.
- In the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 has been successfully installed window, click Go to Office Online to go to the Microsoft Office Online Web site to check for updates for your computer. Click Check for Updates, follow the steps to scan your system, and install all updates listed.
- Opening a Microsoft Office Application
- To open an Office 2010 application, click the Start menu button, point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Microsoft Office, and click whichever Office application you would like to open. You will be asked to authenticate the first time you use Office.
- To create a shortcut on your Desktop for an application, click the Start menu button, point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Microsoft Office, right-click the application you would like to create a shortcut for, click Send to, and click Desktop (create shortcut).
To keep your Microsoft Office products up-to-date with critical patches and security updates, visit the Microsoft Office Online Product Updates site regularly at http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/default.aspx.
Reviewed: 0610 By: MD
Additional help with the installation and configuration of
UW-supported software is available:
Contact your IT user consultant
Contact the IT Help Desk at 766-HELP (4357), option 1
Contact the IT Help Desk at 766-HELP (4357), option 1
Come to the student computer lab in the lobby of the
Information Technology Center.