Bachelor of Applied Sciences - Organizational Leadership
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Applying to the Bachelor of Applied Science Program
The Bachelor of Applied Science program requires admission to the University of Wyoming, but also specifically to the BAS program. This can only occur when all official transcripts showing an AAS, AA, or AS degree completion are received by Admissions and are loaded into the system so that we can evaluate the transcripts. Without your completed degree and all the accompanying coursework loaded into the system, you will show up as a freshman rather than a junior, thus blocking you from enrolling in the required upper division (3000 and 4000-level courses) that are required for the BAS degree. Online courses also fill quickly, often during the first day or two of pre-registration each term, since on campus and distance students access them.
In order to be able to register for the online courses one must be accepted to the program in a timely fashion. Transcripts must be received by the Admissions Office, loaded into the system, and a resume received by the following deadlines:
- Fall entry: July 15th deadline for a completed application
- Summer entry: March 15th deadline for a completed application
- Spring entry: November 1st deadline for a completed application
Students failing to meet the above application deadlines will be accepted for the next semester if they meet all application requirements at the time of application.
Ready to Start the Application Process?
- Student applies for Admission to the University of Wyoming as a Transfer student selecting the Organizational Leadership major.
- Student provides all necessary transcripts to Admissions documenting an earned Associate of Applied Science degree or other Associate degree (Associate of Science or Associate of Arts) from an accredited institution.
- Student must also provide a resume documenting two years of work experience to BAS@uwyo.edu. Here is a sample resume.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify BAS staff of their official acceptance to UW.
- Admissions will provide transcripts to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Office of Academic and Student Programs for the student's final acceptance into the program.
- Admissions and the student will be notified by the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources when the student is accepted into the BAS program.
- Students currently enrolled at UW will need to initiate a “change of major” form that will require approval by the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Office of Academic and Student Programs. If the student did not provide a transcript to Admissions documenting an earned Associate degree, they must include that transcript with the form. A resume documenting two years of work experience must also be included.
- The Office of Academic and Student Programs will notify Rosalind Grenfell, Manager, Student Advising, when a student is accepted into the program. Rosalind Grenfell is currently advising all Bachelor of Applied Science degree seeking students.