Library -- What You Should Know
- Go to the Library
- Use a computer terminal
- Ferrett. This is the UW Library
Catalog. Try searching for subjects, authors, titles, etc. http://www-lib.uwyo.edu/
- Article Indexes. Go to EBSCO Host
and then Academic Search Premier--which is under "Interdisciplinary
Databases"). Try searching for something. Notice the
different kinds of articles you can get--refereed, full text, etc.
- ERIC. Go to EBSCO Host and then
ERIC--which is under "Education Databases"). ERIC is an
education database. You will use this in your "Intro to Research
Class" next week.
- RILM. This is a music
database. Find it under Browse Indexes/Databases
by Subject Search for something.
- Look around at other databases.
- Consult the Reference Librarian at the
Reference Desk if you need help. They are eager to make you
Get acquainted with the Library.
- Find the Music stacks. M, ML, MT on 3rd
- Find the periodical room (directly you your
left as you come into the Library).
- Find the Reference Section (on past the