Sidebar Site Navigation
Excellence funds, at the college or departmental level, are among the most highly valued and strategically useful private investments. Unrestricted excellence funds provide a steady stream of funding that enables the college to respond quickly to emerging opportunities and to pursue core initiatives. Excellence funds allow the college's leadership team to invest in programs where the need is greatest and the potential for success is highest. In the past, excellence funds have been used to:
- Recognize exemplary teachers, outstanding researchers, and hardworking staff.
- Purchase instructional databases and software critical tools for preparing our students for future business careers.
- Give students opportunities to develop networking skills and to forge relationships with mentors.
- Bring executives to campus to share their expertise with students and faculty.
- Support student professional organizations like Alpha Kappa Psi, American Marketing Association, Beta Alpha Psi, and the Institute of Management Accountants.
- Host commencement activities for new graduates and their proud families.
- Sponsor faculty research seminars to encourage interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Provide travel support for faculty and students to attend conferences and professional meetings.
- Attract and reward our most promising students through supplemental scholarships and graduate assistantships.