Sidebar Site Navigation
What is International Engineering?
- One semester of International course work at a partner university.
- An optional four or five month paid internship in the host country.
- Integration of foreign languages study with engineering/technical courses.
- No significant increase in credit-hour requirements.
Study Abroad Information Sessions will now be offered regularly: Tuesdays 3 PM, Wednesdays 10 AM, Cheney International Center 129. These sessions will cover introductory information such as: Exchange and Study Abroad Options, Program Highlights, Study Abroad Web site, Scholarships, Eligibility and application timeline, Visa and passport issues.
Key Features of the Program
- Your pre-approved foreign course credits are guaranteed to transfer back to UW.
- You are registered as a UW student while abroad; so you continue to pay tuition at UW rates; you can continue to receive your UW financial aid.
- Costs of study abroad are comparable to attending UW for one semester.
- University Studies requirements for cultural context courses are satisfied by foreign language course work and your study abroad experience.