College of Engineering and Applied Science
National Advisory Board
Acrobat Reader is required to read and print some of the following files. These files are distributed in PDF (Portable Document Format) format and can be read using Adobe Acrobat Reader. A copy of the reader can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems.
The purpose of the National Advisory Board is to foster an ever higher level of excellence in the University of Wyoming's College of Engineering and Applied Science.
To accomplish their vision, the National Advisory Board will:
- Define specific characteristics potential employers seek in college graduates.
- Assist with the periodic review of the academic programs:
- Provide comment on program revisions presented by the Dean and/or Department Heads.
- Suggest program modifications to improve the relationship between the academics and professional practices.
- Meet with the College's accreditation team to promote departmental accreditation.
- Assist with the periodic review of the research activities:
- Provide comment on research plans and marketing tactics presented by faculty.
- Suggest potential research opportunities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of state service activities:
- Identify professional education requirements for registered engineers in the State of Wyoming.
- Review and provide critical comment on existing service activities based on presentations by program directors.
- Suggest activities and relationships which would promote and improve the State's communities, business and the economy.
- Help identify and develop any unique opportunities the College may have in any programmatic area based on physical, personnel or other assets.
- Review, advise and facilitate improvement of the fiscal status of the College considering all revenue streams.
- Promote the programs of the College by communication with students, parents, alumni, university administrators, trustees, legislators, industry and governmental personnel, and other Wyoming stakeholders. Enlist the support and expertise of the alumni throughout the Nation.
For additional information and/or assistance please contact:
Baillie Miller - Dean's Assistant / National Board of Advisory Coordinator
Phone - (307)766-6433
Email - email@example.com