Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

Scheduling Student Events

Steps for Scheduling an Event on Campus

RSO Handbook

The following arrangements need to be made before registering your event on UWConnect

☐  Reserve a Room/Outdoor Space: Space will be temporarily held until you complete the following steps and receive official approval by Risk Management.

Classrooms or Outside space: Central Scheduling at 766-6717 or 766-2487

Spaces in the Wyoming Union: Union Events office at 766-3161

Gateway or Conference Center: UW Catering and Events at 766-2050

Are you:

☐  Having Food at your event? University of Wyoming Catering is the preferred caterer for university related events.

UW Catering: 766-2050

Approved off-campus caterers

For all other food sources (non-approved caterers, making your own food, etc.) -  If the food is being served to anyone other than members of the group holding the event, you must have one of the following:

The caterer must have general liability and automobile liability insurance with minimum limits of $1,000,000


Event insurance naming the University as additional insured. This can be purchased through a program for universities or any insurance vendor of your choice.

☐  Planning to serve Alcohol?  A request form does need to be submitted in order to serve alcohol at any UW event. 

Permission forms and policy

Completed forms for events in the union are submitted to the Union Director. 

For all other UW locations, forms are submitted to Central Scheduling, Classroom Building 204 or by email to

☐  Thinking of Sound Amplification? Outdoor amplified sound is allowed M-F 11:45am -1:00pm and 5:00pm-6:00pm. (per University Regulation 2-178) 

Additional time for weekday evenings and weekends can be requested through Central Scheduling, 766-6717.

ASTEC: 766-3837

☐  Will there be film or photgraphy at your event? You may need to request permission to film or photograph at your event. Please contact Central Scheduling at 766-6717 with any questions.

Film and Photography Policy

Film and Photography Application 

☐  Going to need Security?

UWPD: 766-5179

☐  Going to need any Equipment?

Central Scheduling, 766-6717: reserves tables, chairs, garbage cans, recycling bins, and stages for outdoor events. 

☐  Will minors be participating in your event? Groups should be familiar of the policy concerning minors participating in university-approved programs. If there are any questions please contact Risk Managemant,

Minors on Campus Policy

☐  Contact Risk Management for approval or 766-5767

Related University Regulations/Policies

Policy: Use of University Buildings, Grounds, and Services

Policy: Recognized Student Organizations 

Policy: Regulations for the Administration and Use of the Wyoming Union Facility

Policy: Minors on Campus

Policy: Film and Photography

Policy: Alcohol for Events

1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon