COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCE
- B.S., Seoul National University
- M.S., University of New Brunswick
- Ph.D., University of California
Specialization: Application of Microwave Energy for Removal of NOx, SOx and VOC's, from Flue Gases, Solid Waste Recycling, Microwave-Based Wet Oxidation, Microwave Wet Calcination of Trona, Oil Shale and Tar Sands Processing Technology Development, and Coal Utilization.
- Enhancement of NOx Adsorption Capacity and Rate of Char by Microwaves, Carbon, Vol 33, No. 8, pp. 1141-1146, 1995 with Yougen Kong.
- NOx Abatement Using Carbon Adsorbents and Microwaves, Energy Fuel, Vol. 9, No. 6, 1995 with Yougen Kong.
- Production of Activated Carbon from Coal Chars Using Microwave Energy, Chem. Eng. Comm., 1996, Vol. 140, pp. 87-0110 with Loren Norman..
- NOx; Adsorption on Char in Presence of Oxygen and Moisture, Carbon, 1996, Vol. 34, No. 8, pp. 1027-1033 with Yougen Kong.
- Reduction of NOx Adsorbed on Char with Microwave Energy, 1996, Carbon, Vol. 34, No. 8, pp. 1035-1040 with Yougen Kong.
- Utilization of a Scrap Tyre-Waste Oil Derived Carbononous Residue as an Asphalt Modifier, Polymer Recycling, 1997, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 201-212 with Christopher Rothfuss.