College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Petroleum Engineering Option
PETE 2050 Introduction to Petroleum Engineering (3), PETE 3200 Reservoir Mechanics (3), PETE 4060 Flow through Porous Media (3), GEOL 4190 Petroleum Geology (3) or approved elective.
- Biological Engineering
MOLB 2021 General Microbiology (4), CHE 4100 Biochemical Engineering (3), CHE 4160 Biomedical Engineering (3) + approved electives.
- Biological Engineering Pre-medicine Sequence-(satisfies pre-med requirements)
MOLB 2021 (4) General Microbiology (4), MOLB 3610 (4); [Alternative: [MOLB 4600 (3) and MOLB 4610 (3)], BIOL 3050 Genetics (4), BIOL 3600 Cell Biology (3) + CHE 4160 Biomedical Engineering (3). Students should contact the Preprofessional Advising Office for pre-med and pre-dental advising.
- Concurrent/Double Chemistry Major (Plan-1BA)
CHEM 4110 Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry (3) + 6 credits of upper-division Chemistry electives including one of the following: CHEM 4100 Inorganic Chemistry Lab (2), CHEM 4230 Instrumental Methods (4), or CHEM 4530 Physical Chemistry Lab (1).
- Concurrent/Double Chemistry Major (Plan-1BS)
CHEM 4000 Seminar (1) + CHEM 4110 Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry (3) + CHEM 4100 Inorganic Chemistry Lab (2) + CHEM 4508 Physical Chemistry II (3) + CHEM 4530 Physical Chemistry Lab (1) + CHEM 4930 Undergraduate Research (2) + 3 credits of upper-division Chemistry electives. If the Advisor and Chemistry Department's Undergraduate Studies Committee approve a research plan, CHE 3900 (Undergraduate Research) can substitute for CHEM 4930
- Concurrent Chemistry Minor
CHE curriculum automatically satisfies the Chemistry Minor requirements.
MOLB 2021 General Microbiology (4) + CE 3400 Introduction to Environmental Engineering (3) + CHE 4110 Air Pollution for Chemical Engineers (3) + CHE 4100 Biochemical Engineering (3) or approved elective.
15 hours of foreign language and a semester abroad, which satisfies 9 hrs of cultural context (CA, CH, CS, D, G). Hence 15 - 9 = 6 hrs are available for electives.
- Math-Math Minor
MATH 2250 Elementary Linear Algebra (3) + MATH 2800 Math Seminar (2) or MATH 2850 Putnam Seminar (2) + programming class (for example, COSC 1010 or COSC 1030) + two MATH 3000-plus electives (for example, Math 3310 and CHE 5140/MATH 5310). Note: Two more 3000-plus electives must be taken to satisfy the minimum 48-credit hour upper division classes.
Individual Elective plan approved by advisor.
- The Petroleum Engineering Option is reflected on the diploma.
- The other elective-concentration examples will not be reflected on the diplomas, but may be noted on graduates' transcripts, at the College's discretion.
- The concentration definitions may change to reflect the most recent class offerings. Please consult them with your Advisor.