Apply now to the Chemistry Graduate Program
Application materials from International students must be submitted by April 15, 2013 (for Fall 2013).
Domestic applications are accepted year round.
- Fill out the Department of Chemistry pre-application form.# Click here for pre-appliation
- Email unofficial transcript(s) to Jessica Parker at email@example.com
- Email scanned copy of your GRE scores to Jessica Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange for 3 letters of recommendation to be emailed to Jessica Parker at email@example.com
- International applicants email scanned copy of your TOEFL or IELTS scores to Jessica Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
# Applying to the University is not necessary until you are accepted
into the Chemistry Graduate program.
If then you are accepted to the
program you will need to apply to the University, pay the fee, and have
official transcripts and scores sent to the Admissions office.
Acceptance is competitive, minimum requirements to apply for either
Teaching Assistantships or Doctoral Academic Fellowships include:
• GPA: 3.0 or its equivalent
• GRE: A minimum of 297 (V+Q) for Ph.D. Degree and 291 for Master's Degree (School code for UW is 4855).
• Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your chemistry abilities.
• Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, unofficial will
be accepted by our Department, however, if accepted, Official will need
to be sent for admission to the University.
• Official TOEFL examination scores for all international applicants from non-English speaking countries (School code for UW is 4855). A minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based test is required for full admission.
• IELTS minimum score of 6.5 required.
**It is not possible for us to waive any of the requirements**
*Maintenance of all assistantships is contingent upon satisfactory
progress toward degree requirements and subject to available funding.
Students unable to teach and who do not qualify for a Doctoral Academic
Fellowship will receive a $21,500 stipend + tuition and fees.
Early Acceptance Augmentation for well qualified applicants.
For qualifying students
we offer a $13,000 fellowship for early acceptance. To qualify you must have a GPA of ≥3.00 and GRE of ≥317. Students must complete their chemistry department applications by February 28, 2013. The fellowship will be
distributed as $5,000 for the first academic year, $3,000 for the first summer,
and $5,000 for the second academic year. APPLY NOW! Contact Dr. Milan Balaz at email@example.com for more
Please send application materials and all inquiries to:
Department of Chemistry
Graduate Admissions Committee
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Avenue
Laramie, WY 82071