Civil and Architectural Engineering
College of Engineering and Applied Science
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, 1990
- M.S. Civil/Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin, 1995
- M.S. Environmental Science & Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 1998
- Ph.D. Environmental Science & Engineering, Colorado School of Mines, 2000
Registered Professional Engineer:
Principal Areas of Teaching and Research Experience
- Site characterization, remedial investigation, and feasibility studies
- In situ remediation of contaminated soil and ground water systems
- Chemical oxidation processes for the degradation of chlorinated solvents
- Permanganate natural oxidant demand
- Stabilization of metals through redox technologies
- Onsite and alternative wastewater treatment systems
- Polyacrylamide use for water seepage control
- Fate and transport of gases within coal seams
- Secondary biogenic coalbed natural gas
- Mitigation of coal bed methane produced water
- Carbon sequestration within coal formations
- Characterization of municipal solid waste
Recent Projects (External):
- Analysis of Evaporation Rates and Drift Patterns for Mechanical Evaporators. SMI Snow Makers, 2007-2008. Principal Investigator.
- Enhanced Natural Attenuation Using Fast and Slow Oxygen Releasing Compounds. Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality, 2007-2009. Principal Investigator.
- Laboratory Testing to Support ASTM Method for Determining Permanganate Soil Oxidant Demand. Carus Chemical. 2006. Principal Investigator.
- Enhancing the Beneficial Use of CBNG Waters. Wyoming EPSCoR. 2006-2008. Co-PI.
- Mercury Removal from Flue Gas of BHP's Coal-Fired Power Plant. Black Hills Power, 2006-2008. Co-PI.
- Produced Water Management and Beneficial Use. DOE, 2005-2007. Co-PI.
- A joint project sponsored by the Colorado School of Mines, Stanford University, Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology, and the University of Wyoming. Task 1: CO2 Injection, Principal Investigator.
- Organic Polymer Addition for Reducing Conveyance Seepage. Wyoming Water Development Commission, 2004-2006. Co-PI.
- Chemical Oxidation Pilot Test. URS Corporation, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, 2004-2005. Principal Investigator.
- Benzene Biodegradation via Denitrification and Background Organic Carbon Composition. DOE, 2003-2005. Co-PI.
Recent Projects (Internal):
- Sustained Biogenic Production of Coal-Bed Methane. School of Energy Resources Consortium Seed Money Request. Co-PI.
- Liquid and Gas Transport in Subbituminous Coals: The Effects of Bubble Nucleation, Growth, and Competitive Adsorption/Desorption. School of Energy Resources Graduate Assistantship. 2007. Principal Investigator.
- Sustained Biogenic Production of Coal-Bed Methane: Microbial Production of Hydrogen and Acetate. School of Energy Resources Graduate Assistantship. 2007. Co-PI.
- Identification of Proteins in Methane Producing Bacteria: Enhanced Secondary Biogenic Methane Production in Coalbed Methane Deposits. Faculty Grant-in-aid Program. 2007. Co-PI.
||Introduction to Environmental Engineering
||Solid & Hazardous Waste Management
||Environmental Engineering Senior Design
||Hazardous Waste Site Remediation
||Project Management for Environmental Engineers
||Environmental Engineering Seminar
||Survey of Engineering Management (Project Management Module
Send page comments to email@example.com.