Information for Employers
Date: February 20, 2008
To: Employers seeking to hire UW graduates
From: David Bagley, Department Head
RE: policy and procedures for posting job opportunities to CAE students
Our Department faculty and students sincerely appreciate your interest in hiring our civil and architectural engineering students. Many employers return to UW CAE every semester to seek our graduates. Many contribute funding to various aspects of our development program in appreciation of our continued success and mutual relationship. We enjoy meeting you at our job fairs and discussing your needs and gaining your suggestions for improvement.
Job Postings: We will post job announcements to our student list serves and will do so to all students. We have two list serves: 1) civil engineering students 2) architectural engineering students.
Our policy is to post to students at all levels in their educational program so they can begin to assess the needs of industry and opportunities in technical and geographical areas.
For a posting to our list serve, please forward job announcements that must contain the following information.
- Job announcement/description
- Whether the job is for civil engineering, architectural engineering, or both.
- Complete contact information for the hiring company.
- Physical address
- Email contact
- Web page URL
- Telephone numbers
- Brochures, etc. that you wish to include
- Please imbed this information into an e-mail or include it in a Microsoft Word file or a single PDF file. The size cannot exceed 200kb.
- Email to Sherry Johnson with a cc to David Bagley
We will not post opportunities received from employment agencies, head hunters, etc. Again, thank you very much for your interest in our graduates.