Stand Out from the Crowd
COJO GRADUATE THESES
Learn more about the necessary steps of the graduate studies process.
Here is more information on how to write and format a thesis.
The following list gives a broad representation of theses completed in the COJO Graduate Program since 2003:
- Sukhomlinova, Alexandra. (2008, August). The Image of Russia in the News Photographs in American Newspapers.
- Stratton, Crystal. (2008, May). The component theory of communication apprehension in the public speaking course: Grade-evaluation anxiety as a form of negative evaluation.
- Schedlock, Sally. (2008, August). More than Barbie and big hair: A "bling blingin'" visual analysis of women and ethnic minorities in the rodeo arena.
- Lorenz, Donna Chemene. (2008, December). Gender role attitudes as a predictor of relational maintenance: A relationship to qualify of married life.
- Waggener, Diana. (2008, August). Media use of the American flag in images during times of armed conflict: A visual semiotic analysis.
- Lu, Yu. (2007, August). Willingness to Communicate in Intercultural Interactions Between Chinese and Americans.
- Gatua, Mary Wairimu. (2007, August). Giving Voice to Invisible Women in Developing Countries: Rhetorical Criticism of "Fire" as Model of a Successful Womens Community Radio. Master of Arts in Communication.
- Stewart, Justin Daniel. (2006, August). Nobodys Darling: An Examination of Relationships Between Parental Divorce, Dyadic Trust Toward Fathers, Sexual Attitudes, and Sexual Anxiety in Young Adults.
- Rosalez, Dylan Veto Victor. (2006, August). Promising Masculinity: A Rhetorical Critique of the Promise Keepers Construct of Masculinity.
- Anfinson, Jacob P. (2006, August). Effects of the New Media vs. the Old Media On Political Trust and Political Cynicism.
- Norcross, Brian. (2005, August). From Dylan to Dead Prez: The Urban Folk Tradition in Contemporary Protest Music.
- Hurless, Jessica R. (2005, August). Men are Doctors; Women are Teachers: An Investigative Study of Gender Stereotypes in Third and Fifth Grade Students Career Aspirations.
- Murphy, Lisa L. (2005, May). Seat Belt Use: An Analysis of Persuasion.
- Mahoney, Tracey C. (2004, December). Crashing Waves: Communication Similarities and Differences Between 2nd and 3rd Wave Feminists.
- Copen-Mielitz, Katherine S. (2004, August). Swearing: A Collegiate Perspective.
- DeBerry, John R. (2003, May). The Sacred Metaphors of Pro-Anorexia: A Case Study of Pro-Anorexic Web Sites.
- Dale, Becki J. (2003, May). Wheres the Beef? United States College Students Attitudes and Behaviors Toward Beef Consumption.