Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Career Opportunities|Division of Communication Disorders

Contact Us

Division of Communication Disorders
1000 E. University Ave., Dept. 3311
Health Sciences, 265
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: 307-766-6427
Fax: 307-766-6829
Find us on Facebook (Link opens a new window)

Perform Communication Disorders Research as a Professor

If you are interested in being a professor and conducting communication disorders research, you can receive excellent research preparation up to the master's degree level here and then go on to quality Ph.D. programs elsewhere. You will follow an individually-designed course of study in your area of specialization, under the guidance of a professor mentor. You will participate in many research projects, conduct your own independent research, and assist in teaching over the 4-5 years of doctoral study. Typically, students are funded through research, teaching, or clinical supervision duties during their doctoral study. Ph.D.s work mainly in universities, but also in research hospitals, administration, and private practice. Typically, speech-language pathologists work for 1-5 years to gain clinical experience before going on for a Ph.D.

Share This Page:

professor working on communication disorders research in the lab

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader // Accessibility Accessibility information icon