Skip to Main Content

Apply Now to the University of Wyoming apply now

All School Withdrawal Process

All-school withdrawals may impact access to student services and resources. Students with questions about whether or not withdrawing for the semester will limit their access to specific services and resources should contact those offices PRIOR to completing the all-school withdrawal process.

Some common resource and service questions from students include:

Financial Aid: email or call 307-766-2116

Student Health Insurance: email or call 307-766-3025

Student Health Clinic: email or call 307-766-2130

On-campus Housing and Meal Plans: email or call 307-766-3175, or contact your Resident Coordinator directly.

All-school withdrawals refer to a student removing all of their currently enrolled courses from their registration. Students who wish to reduce their overall enrollment, but remain in one or more classes, can withdraw individually from courses by logging into their student account via WyoWeb. If a student is enrolled in only one course, an all-school withdrawal is needed to remove that one course.

Students enrolled entirely in online courses can complete an all-school withdrawal by emailing the Registrar's office from the student's email address, requesting the all-school withdrawal.

STEP 1 - Dean of Students Office:

To initiate an all school withdrawal, you must come to the Dean of Students Office in Knight Hall 128 or call the Dean of Students Office at 307-766-3296. Only the student is able to initiate and complete the withdrawal, except in extraordinary circumstances where the student is incapacitated to the point of being unable to engage in the withdrawal process. 

Students requesting an all-school withdrawal through the Dean of Students office will be provided a form to complete, and will be referred to the next step in the process (below).

STEP 2 - Student Financial Aid:

All students who are withdrawing must visit with the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) to discuss the impact of withdrawal on your scholarships, loans, federal financial aid, or any other form of financial aid. If you are receiving federal financial aid, the Student Financial Aid office will need verification of your last class attendance or activity for each course from each of your instructors. OSFA staff will discuss this process and provide the form needed to meet this requirement after the student has initiated their withdrawal with the Dean of Students Office. This step may require additional time so please give yourself ample time to complete the withdrawal process before the deadline.

STEP 3 - Registrar's Office:

After steps 1 and 2 are complete, you will be referred to the Registrar's Office in the west wing of Knight Hall along with the withdrawal form. At that point, your withdrawal will be entered in the computerized registration system to change your academic record for the semester and record your withdrawal. The day your information is entered into the computer will be considered your official withdrawal date from UW.

Note: Process must be completed prior to the semester deadline in order to withdraw.

Contact Us

Dean of Students Office

Knight Hall 128

Dept. 3135, 1000 E. University Dr.

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: 307-766-3296

Fax: 307-766-3298


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon