Sidebar Site Navigation
Graduate Application Materials: this link provides information about applying.
Minimum course requirements:
- PhD: Calculus I & II, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Intermediate Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory
- MS Finance: Calculus I & II, Statistics, Accounting, Intermediate Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory, Introduction to Finance
- MS Economics: Calculus I & II, Statistics, Intermediate Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory
- Dual MS Economics & Finance: Calculus I & II, Statistics, Intermediate Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory, Introduction to Finance
- 550 GMAT -- Only accepted for MS-Finance program applicants
- 300 GRE (verbal + quantitative) -- for all MS program applicants
- 310 GRE (verbal + quantitative) -- for PhD applicants
- 540 paper based TOEFL; 207 computerized TOEFL; 76 Internet-based TOEFL international applicants; We will also accept official IELTS scores. A minimum score of 6.5 is required for full admission.
- Note: These are minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission or funding.
- Fees: All students must pay an admissions processing fee of $50 through the Admissions Office.
- Deadlines: The deadline for a fall application is February 1. For spring, the deadline is October 15, although applicants for the spring are rarely considered for financial aid. PhD students are only considered for fall admittance.
- Only official copies of GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL scores will be accepted as a part of the admissions process.
- A subject GRE test is not required.
- A written sample is not required as a part of your application.
- Although not required, you are welcome to submit a resume.
- For the best chance of receiving aid, it is necessary to turn in applications and forms on time. Applications and forms that are late will have no chance of receiving aid.
- All applicants, foreign and domestic, have the same opportunity of receiving aid.
- The economics PhD program may offer competitive applicants a $15,795 assistantship plus tuition and student health insurance. Qualified MS applicants may receive an annual $5,675 assistantship, plus half tuition (up to six credit hours) and half the student health insurance.