Office Hours: By Appointment
Location: McWhinnie Hall 210
Phone: (307) 766-3250
- Ph.D. The University of Texas at Austin 2010: Curriculum and Instruction, Cultural Studies Program
- M.A. Stanford University 1996: Secondary Education (Cultural and Linguistic Academic Development Specialty)
- B.A. The University of California at Berkeley 1995: English Literature
The intersection of education, identity and agency within traditionally marginalized communities with a focus on Multiracial students, Latina/o students and faculty of color.
- Chang, A. (2014). Pedagogical Riesgos (Risks): Carving a Mestiza Consciousness Space for a Chicana Feminist Educator and an Undocumented Chicana Student. In. S. Wong’s DREAM Act Activists and Teacher Allies: Are you Listening? [accepted, pending publisher’s revisions].
- Chang, A. (2014). The Hidden Curriculum of Canícula: Portraits of Critical Educational Lessons in Becoming a Mujer. In G. Gutîerrez y Muhs’ Word Images: A Norma Elia Cantú Critical Reader. (pp. tbd). [accepted, pending publisher’s revisions].
- Chang, A. (2014). Capitalizing on Common Core Standards through Pedagogical Intervention: A Case Study of Flatlands Charter School. In K. Sturges’ Reforming Schools in the Age of Neoliberalism (pp. tbd). Boston, MA: Sense Publishers. [accepted, pending revisions].
- Chang, A. (2013). (in press). Multiracial Matters – disrupting and reinforcing the racial rubric in educational discourses. Race Ethnicity in Education.
- Chang, A., Welton, A., Martinez, M., & Cortez, L. (2013). Becoming Academicians: A Critical Ethnographic Analysis of the Figured Worlds of Racially Underrepresented Female Faculty. Negro Educational Review, 64(1-4), pp. 97-117.
- Chang, A. (2013). Identity Production in Figured Worlds: How Some Multiracial Students Become Racial Atravesados. The Urban Review. DOI 10.1007/s11256-013-0247-4.
- Chang, A. (2013). In J. Ainsworth’s Sociology of Education – An A-Z Guide. Encyclopedia Entries: Liberal Education, Critical Race Theory in Education, Migrant Students.
- Chang, A. (2011) Undocumented to Hyperdocumented: A Jornada of Protection, Papers and PhD Status. Harvard Educational Review. 81(3), pp. 508-520.
- Chang-Ross, A. (2010). Reflections of a Racial Queer. Journal of Multicultural Perspectives. 12(2), pp.1-6.
- EDST 2480: Diversity and the Politics of Schooling
- EDCI 4350/5350: Introduction to Second Language Acquisition
- EDST 2450: Foundations of Development and Learning
Curriculum Vitae (pdf)