Ph.D. in Education Learner Outcomes
- Academic Knowledge: Students will demonstrate a deep understanding of education and related fields and a broad understanding of various methods of inquiry in education.
- Practical Competence: Students will demonstrate competence in several methods of inquiry (qualitative and quantitative) and excellence in university teaching and the ability to successfully guide their own scholarship.
- Reflective Inquiry: Students will demonstrate the ability to guide their own scholarship, foster ethical and professional research and practice in education, as well as demonstrate a reflective and analytical stance towards scholarship in general.
- Democratic Commitment: Students will demonstrate in both scholarship and university teaching commitment to diversity in education and an understanding of the relationship between the university and the complex process of democracy and a commitment to pursue this process with a focus on access to quality education for all learners in their own professional work.
- Professional Engagement: Students will demonstrate deep intellectual engagement with education as an area of scholarly inquiry. In doing so students will belong to and participate in national/international scholarly associations and make evident benefits and contributions that result from these memberships.