March 31, 2014 — Information for the campus about emergency resources will be presented at an Emergency Preparedness Fair Tuesday and Wednesday, April 8-9, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in the University of Wyoming Union breezeway.
Sidebar Site Navigation
Important Information and Related Links
Wyoming Hall 102
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-3277
Fax: (307) 766-6116
Phone: (307) 766-3696
Fax: (307) 766-3699
Helpful Hint: Need to find a particular topic or document?
< Use the EHS Search bar or EHS A to Z Index at the left
- Promoting health, safety, and environmental protection by providing exemplary programs and services in support of the University mission.
- A university culture where safety and health are core values, embraced and acted upon at all levels.
EHS Core Values:
- Teamwork - Working together to fulfill our mission, meet goals, and achieve our vision
- Professionalism - Respecting the work we do, each other, and our customers
- Customer Service - Providing EHS services, always with the customer in mind
The latest safety information
- Governor Matt Mead; Our Charge to Drive Safe (Laramie Daily Boomerang)
- New UW Program: Hearing Conservation Program
- Available now to download: UW's 2013 Accident Statistics (Safety Bulletin) and OSHA Form 300A (Work Related Injuries and Illnesses)
- See the Fall/Winter 2013/2014 EHS Newsletter
- NEW Winter Bulletin: Preventing Ice Related Injuries (pdf)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Program
- EHS Guidelines for Safe Handling and Disposal of Sharps (pdf)
- We can improve the culture of safety in Wyoming (Joan Evans, Wyoming Department of Workforce Services) (Casper Star Tribune)
- Governor Matt Mead Pushes to Enhance Safety Efforts
February 11, 2013 — More than 150 University of Wyoming administrators and staff members took part in a Jan. 30 review of the UW Emergency Response Plan.
January 14, 2013 — Recent tragic events at Casper College and Newtown, Conn., are reminders of the need to be prepared in emergencies, and the University of Wyoming offers resources and programs to assure the safety and well-being of the campus community.
June 27, 2012 — Farmers and ranchers have an online resource for safety and health-related information.
June 11, 2012 — The University of Wyoming Environmental Health & Safety Office (EHS) has joined the National Safety Council to promote National Safety Month in June.
February 13, 2012 — The No. 1 resource at the University of Wyoming, a premier teaching and research institution, is its people. Protecting that resource through a positive safety culture should be the goal of everyone associated with the university.