August 26, 2015 — With hundreds of bicyclists on campus as fall semester classes begin, the University of Wyoming Police Department (UWPD) reminds riders to keep safety and courtesy in mind.
Important Information and Related Links
Wyoming Hall 102
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Phone: (307) 766-3277
Fax: (307) 766-6116
Phone: (307) 766-3696
Fax: (307) 766-3699
Helpful Hint: Need to find a particular topic or document?
< Use the EHS Search bar or EHS A to Z Index at the left
- Promoting health, safety, and environmental protection by providing exemplary programs and services in support of the University mission.
- A university culture where safety and health are core values, embraced and acted upon at all levels.
EHS Core Values:
- Teamwork - Working together to fulfill our mission, meet goals, and achieve our vision
- Professionalism - Respecting the work we do, each other, and our customers
- Customer Service - Providing EHS services, always with the customer in mind
The latest safety information
- Governor Matt Mead; Our Charge to Drive Safe (Laramie Daily Boomerang)
- EHS Guidelines for Safe Handling and Disposal of Sharps (pdf)
- We can improve the culture of safety in Wyoming (Joan Evans, Wyoming Department of Workforce Services) (Casper Star Tribune)
- Governor Matt Mead Pushes to Enhance Safety Efforts
December 8, 2014 — Do you know how to correctly jump-start a dead automobile battery? What are the risks, and how do you prevent carbon monoxide poisoning? What can you do to avoid the flu? How can you be better prepared for winter survival and other emergencies?
November 10, 2014 — University communities need to be safe and provide an environment that is conducive to learning and the pursuit of goals and dreams. As president, I am deeply committed to ensure that we have the safest environment possible at the University of Wyoming.
February 11, 2013 — More than 150 University of Wyoming administrators and staff members took part in a Jan. 30 review of the UW Emergency Response Plan.
January 14, 2013 — Recent tragic events at Casper College and Newtown, Conn., are reminders of the need to be prepared in emergencies, and the University of Wyoming offers resources and programs to assure the safety and well-being of the campus community.
June 27, 2012 — Farmers and ranchers have an online resource for safety and health-related information.
June 11, 2012 — The University of Wyoming Environmental Health & Safety Office (EHS) has joined the National Safety Council to promote National Safety Month in June.
February 13, 2012 — The No. 1 resource at the University of Wyoming, a premier teaching and research institution, is its people. Protecting that resource through a positive safety culture should be the goal of everyone associated with the university.