Sidebar Site Navigation
Master of Science, Plan A Degree Requirements
Plan A Credit Allocation (30 Hrs. minimum - all at 4000 level minimum)
- Minimum 16 Course Hrs in ECE Course Work
- Minimum 3 Course Hrs in Formal Course Work outside the ECE Department
- 7 Additional Formal Course Hrs in or out of the ECE Department
- 4 credits of MS thesis research
- No more than 12 credit hours can be at the 4000 level
- No more than 3 credit hours of independent study
The Plan A thesis must be submitted to the student’s committee at least two weeks before the intended date of the thesis defense and oral exam. Also two weeks ahead of time, the proposed date, time, and place of the presentation and exam must be made public.
Role of the Advisor: 1) advise on course selection and approve the plan of study; 2) supervise the thesis research; 3) review and edit the thesis; 4) participate in the final oral exam.
Role of the Committee: 1) provide input on and approve the plan of study; 2) read and provide feedback on the thesis; 3) participate in the final oral exam.
The following documentation is associated with the plan A option:
In addition to the above course work, the student must pass a final oral examination in defense of his or her thesis work. The presentation portion is advertised and is open to the public.Project Poster
- The student is also required to construct a poster describing the research work to be offered for the Plan A final examination
- The poster must be completed and approved by the student's major professor before the Graduation/Title Form will be filled out by the department head
For information about the University of Wyoming Graduate Studies click here.