Sidebar Site Navigation
Master of Science, Plan B with Paper Degree Requirements
Plan B with Paper Credit Allocation (30 Hrs. minimum - all at 4000 level minimum):
- Minimum 18 Course Hrs in ECE Course Work
- Minimum 3 Course Hrs in Formal Course Work outside the ECE Department
- 9 Additional Formal Course Hrs in or out of the ECE Department
- No more than 12 credit hours can be at the 4000 level
- No more than 3 credit hours of independent study
The Plan B paper must be submitted to the student’s committee at least two weeks before the intended date of the Plan B paper presentation and oral exam. Also two weeks ahead of time, the proposed date, time, and place of the presentation and exam must be made public.
Role of the Advisor: 1) advise on course selection and approve the plan of study; 2) supervise the Plan B paper project; 3) review and edit the Plan B paper; 4) participate in the final oral exam.
Role of the Committee: 1) provide input on and approve the plan of study; 2) read and provide feedback on the Plan B paper; 3) participate in the final oral exam.
The following documentation is associated with the plan B option:
The student is also highly encouraged to participate in the UW Graduate Student Symposium describing the student's Plan B project work.
For information about the University of Wyoming Graduate Studies click here.