Shuiquan Li - Research Scientist/Modeler
Focuses on the seismic interpretation and dynamic modeling of the
Minnelusa reservoir in Wyoming.
Ph.D, July 2000, Solid Mechanics, Tsinghua University, China
MS, July 1988, Petroleum Engineering, Southwest Petroleum University, China
BS, July 1985, Petroleum Engineering, Southwest Petroleum University, China
August 2011- present, research Scientist, EORI
September 2008- July 2011, postdoctoral research associate, Geology & Geophysics department of University of Wyoming. Wyoming
March 2003 – August 2008, senior research scientist, E&P Tech In. Beijing, China/ Houston, TX
August 2000 – February 2002, postdoctoral research associate, Geology department of Peking University, Beijing, China
- Shuiquan Li, Ye Zhang, Model complexity in
carbon sequestration: A design of experiment and response surface uncertainty
analysis. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, Vol.22, P123-138,
- Shuiquan Li, Ye Zhang, Xu Zhang, and Chungan Du, Geological Modeling and Fluid Flow Simulation of Acid Gas Storage, Nugget Sandstone, Moxa Arch, Wyoming. AAPG Bulletin, V. 96, No.4 (April 2912), P. 635-664.
- Shuiquan Li, Ye Zhang, Xu Zhang,, A Study of Conceptual Model Uncertainty in Large-scale CO2 Storage Simulation. Water Resources Research, 47, W05534,doi:10.1029/2010WR009707, 2011.
- Feng Shen, Shuiquan Li (2005): Streamline-Based Production-Data Integration in Fractured-Reservoir Characterization and Its Application. The SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 9-12 October 2005, Dallas, Texas. SPE 95779
- Feng Shen, Shuiquan Li (2004), A combined Geological,Geophysical and Rock Mechanics Approach to Naturally Fractured Reservoir Characterization and Its Appilcation. The SPE Annual Technique Conference and Exhibition held in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. 26-29 September 2004.SPE 90275.
- Feng Shen, Shuiquan Li (2003): Evolution of seismic velocity and permeability under hydrostatic and triaxial loading in porous-fractured rocks. SEG conference in Japan, 2003.
- Feng Shen, Shuiquan Li (2001): Effects of Stress and Saturating Fluids on Wave Propagation in Porous-fractured Rocks, American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2001, abstract #S51A-0597, 2001AGUFM.S51A0597S
- Shuiquan Li, Bingye Xu, Flow through fissured reservoir with deformable media. Journal of Computation Mechanics, No.2, 2001.
- Shuiquan Li, Bingye Xu, Theory model of fluid flow through deformable dual porosity media . Journal of Hydrodynamics. Vol. 16, No.4, 2001
- Shuiquan Li, Bingye Xu, Flow through fissured media with dual porosity and non-linear flow behavior. T Quarterly of Mechanics , Vol.21,No.1, 2000.
- Shuiquan Li, Bingye Xu, Non-linear dual-porosity behaviors of naturally fractured reservoirs. Journal of Rock Mechanics & Engineering, Vol.19, No.4, 2000
- Shuiquan Li, Bingye Xu, Mathematical model of oil-water two-phase flow and solid-deformation coupling for fractures reservoir. Natural Gas Industry. Vol. 19, No.4, 1999.
- Shuiquan Li, Ziren Zhao, and Taihe Shi (1996): Rotary Drilling In Horizontal Wells Costs Less Money And Takes Less Risks. International Conference on Horizontal Well Technology, 18-20 November 1996, Calgary,Alberta, Canada. SPE 37081.
- Shuiquan Li, Tahe Shi, The behaviors of BHA and the effect on the trajectory of horizontal well, Journal of Natural Gas Industry, No.1, 1994.
- Shuiquan Li, Tahe Shi, Analyses the bottom hole assembly behaviors with finite element method and optimization method, Journal of Natural Gas Industry, No.2, 1993.
Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave. Dept 4068
Laramie, WY 82071