Sidebar Site Navigation
Wyoming NSF EPSCoR
Community College Research Support Program
Generally, it is more difficult for community college faculty to obtain funding for research projects, particularly early stage funding. In an effort to help provide funding to Wyoming’s Community College faculty in the sciences, mathematics and technology, Wyoming National Science Foundation (NSF) EPSCoR has provided Proposals for the Wyoming NSF EPSCoR Community College Research Support Program. These grants have helped fund research projects involving undergraduates working with the faculty.
If the grant submitted by the Wyoming EPSCoR team is accepted by NSF, then this vital program will be restarted. The goal of this program is to support research in any area supported by NSF. Previously, grants were given for $7,000 of which $3,500 was strictly for supporting student participation in the project. During the summer of 2010, seven grants will be awarded to community colleges throughout Wyoming.
Plans for Future calls of Proposals and the Application Process
All materials are to be submitted electronically to the Wyoming EPSCoR Office.
Electronic submission: send to email@example.com.
The application will consist of two parts:
- Faculty Participation –
- Title page: project title, name and contact information of the principal investigator,
- an abstract (200 words),
- a four page description of the research project which should include a brief background to the project, the questions or hypothesis to be tested and the experimental design,
- a faculty curriculum vitae,
- a budget, and
- a budget explanation.
- Student Participation –
- a description of the work to be carried out by the student(s),
- a curriculum vitae for each student,
- a transcript (students should have a GPA of at least 3.0), and
- two letters of recommendation for each student.
Formatting: The proposal should be single-spaced, have 1 inch margins, and the font should be no smaller than 11 point.
Selection Procedure: The proposals will be reviewed by a committee of University of Wyoming faculty, and the awards will be announced within a few weeks of the deadline for submissions.
For further information or questions, please contact the Wyoming EPSCoR office.