Community College Transition Program (CCTP)
Application Deadline: March 20, 2015 for Fall Semester, 2015
Wyoming EPSCoR invites scholarship applications from community college students transferring to the University of Wyoming (UW) and majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The goals of the program are to provide hands-on research experiences to students and to support their transition to UW.
Scholarship support of $1,500 per semester for two years will be awarded to successful applicants. During the first semester, awardees will rotate through several different faculty labs. During the second semester, awardees will join a laboratory to complete an undergraduate research project with a faculty mentor. Funds up to $1,000 will be provided to the host lab to support the training or expenses of student research projects during the second semester.
Applicants should have completed between 55 and 60 semester hours of coursework at the time of UW enrollment. Once selected, awardees must maintain full-time enrollment and a minimum B (3.0) grade point average to retain support. Awardees will be required to attend periodic EPSCoR events and will give a final research presentation at Undergraduate Research Day in the spring following the award.
To apply, interested students must submit the following documents:
Interested individuals must submit the following:
- Completed EPSCoR Online Application found below
In a single document (.pdf or Microsoft Word) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reading, “ATTN: Liz Nysson, CCTP Application.”
- A cover letter introducing yourself and describing your educational goals and plans.
- The names and emails of the faculty who will be sending your letters of recommendation.
- A resume of work and education experience.
- Copies of all undergraduate transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
Letters of recommendation from two faculty members sent to email@example.com with the subject reading, “ATTN: CCTP Letter for [your name]”
Requirements of Participation
All selected EPSCoR Community College Fellows will be required to:
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA average to continue in program.
- Work 8-10 hours a week in designated labs.
- Present research at Wyoming Undergraduate Research Day in April of every year.
- Participate in other EPSCoR activities as requested.
If you have questions, please contact Liz Nysson, the Wyoming EPSCoR Education, Outreach, and Diversity Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receipt of applications is March 20, 2015. No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.