Ecosystem Science and Management
College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Mission statement: The graduate students of the Department of Ecosystem Sciences and Management have formed this group to foster academic interaction and social growth among ESM (entomology, forest, range, soils, watershed, and wildlife) graduate students, faculty, professionals, and the local community.
- Social interaction between students and faculty
- Graduate student representation to the department and the faculty
- Opportunities for graduate and undergraduate student mentoring and support
- Opportunities for service projects on campus and in the Laramie Community
Activities and Events:
- Monthly meetings, usually the third Wednesday of each month, 5:00 pm, Union Gardens
- Annual Spring Seminar and free lunch hosted by RenUW featuring Renewable Resources faculty addressing general interest topics.
- 2009: Dr. Steve Williams "Wyoming Wild Mushrooms: The Hunt, The Quarry, and The Skillet"
- 2010: Dr. Peter Stahl "The Art and Science of Homebrewing"
- Planning the departmental holiday party
- Designing a new departmental logo and selling articles of clothing that bear the logo
- Community service projects:
- MLK Service day
- Cooperation with local government agencies to volunteer labor for land management needs
- Social events including monthly potlucks and other group outings and gatherings (bowling, skiing, camping, on-campus entertainment, etc.)
- In the next year, we hope to use the funds that we have raised from logowear sales and raffles to invite a distinguished scientist to campus for a seminar and interaction with students and faculty.
Serving Officers and Contact Information:
Logowear Order Information
Profits from logowear will benefit the mission of RenUW. Watch here for new ordering opportunities.