Business Ethics Education
College of Business
Journals and Magazines
The following list of ethics-related texts provide information and insight useful for ethics research and application.
In addition to these texts, you can visit Ethicsweb Bookstore for access to ethics-related books selected by Chris MacDonald.
- Integrity Management, by Debbie Thorne LeClair, O.C. Ferrell, and John P. Fraedrich, University of Tampa Press, Tampa, 1998.
- Value Driven Management: How to Create and Maximize Value Over Time for Organizational Success, by R. Pohlman and Gareth Gardiner, American Marketing Association, New York, 2000.
- True Professionalism: The Courage to Care About Your Clients, Your People, and Your Career, by D. Maister, The Free Press, New York, 1997.
- How to Succeed in Business Without Lying, Cheating, and Stealing, by J. Nadel and S. Peters, Pocket Books, New York, 1993.
- Believers in Business, by Laura L. Nash, Thomas Nelson, New York, 1994.
- A General Theory of Competition: Resources, Competences, Productivity, Economic Growth (Marketing for a New Century), by Shelby D. Hunt, Altamira Press, 1999.
- Selling With Integrity: Reinventing Sales Through Collaboration, Respect, and Serving, by S. Morgan, Berrett-Koehler, San Francisco, 1997.
- Good Company: Caring as Fiercely as You Compete, by H. Rosenbluth and D. McFerrin Peters, Perseus Books, 1998.
- The Stakeholder Strategy: Profiting from Collaborative Business Relationships, by A. Svendsen, Berrett-Koehler, San Francisco, 1998.
- Trust in the Balance: Building Successful Organizations on Results, Integrity, and Concern, by R. Shaw, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 1997.
- Corporate Global Citizenship: Doing Business in the Public Eye, by N. Tichy, A. McGill, and L. St.Clair, New Lexington Press, San Francisco, 1997.
- Management Ethics: Integrity at Work, by J. Petrick and J. Quinn, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, 1997
- Compliance: Making Ethics Work in Financial Services, by A. Newton, Financial Times Pitman Publishing, London, 1998.
- Aiming Higher: 25 Stories of How Companies Prosper by Combining Sound Management and Social Vision, by D. Bollier, AMACOM, New York, 1996.
- Codes of Professional Responsibility: Ethics Standards in Business, Health, and Law, 4th edition, by R. Gorlin, ed., The Bureau of National Affairs, Washington, DC, 1999.
- Driving Fear Out of the Workplace: Creating the High-Trust, High-Performance Organization, by K. Ryan and D. Oestreich, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, 1998.
- Eighty Exemplary Ethics Statements, by P. Murphy, Univerity of Notre Dame Press, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1998.
- A Better Way to Think About Business: How Personal Integrity Leads to Corporate Success, by Robert C. Solomon, Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Ethics and the Conduct of Business, by John Raymond Boatright, Prentice Hall, 1999.
- The Limits of Privacy, by A. Etzioni, Basic Books, 1999.
- In Pursuit of Privacy, by J. Wagner DeCew, Cornell University Press, 1998.
- Protecting Yourself Online: The Definitive Resource on Safety, Freedom, and Privacy in Cyberspace, by R. Gelman and S. McClandish, HarperCollins, 1998.
- Protect Your Privacy on the Internet, by B. Pfaffenberger, John Wiley and Sons, 1997.
- Privacy in the Information Age, by F. Cate, Brookings Institute, 1997.
- The Hundredth Window: Protecting Your Privacy and Security in the Age of the Internet, by C. Jennings and L. Fena, Free Press, 2000.
- I Love the Internet, but I Want My Privacy, Too!, by C. Peterson, Prima Publishing, 1998.
- Security, Ethics, and Privacy, by T. Maginnis, John Wiley and Sons, 2000.