Global Resource Navigation
Requirements for Joining a FIG
Freshman Interest Groups
In order to join a FIG, you must:
- Be admitted to the University of Wyoming as a first-time freshman.
- Complete the Residence Life and Dining Services Contract contract and live in the Residence Halls your freshman year.
- Not be an Engineering Major or Music Major (see below for contact information for Engineering and Music).
- Not be committed to a different specialty floor (ROTC, Honors -- although you may participate in other programs if you are not required to live on their floor -- see below for contact information).
- Talk to your coach, if you are an athlete, to determine if a FIG will be a good fit for you.
- Understand that you will be assigned to the appropriate FIG floor in the Residence Halls, and that the FIG assignment will take priority over any other living plan choices marked on your housing contract.
- Understand that you will be enrolled into the FIG sections of the FIG courses, and that you must remain enrolled in these sections.
- Meet any pre-requisites for courses that are included in the FIG (specifically, meet the appropriate math pre-requisites if the FIG includes LIFE 1010 or CHEM 1020).
- Be ready to join a community of learners -- both students and faculty -- who share your interests!
NOTE: If you are interested in one of the following programs, you MUST contact the person listed BEFORE enrolling in a FIG:
|Dr. Steve Barrett
|Dr. Susan Aronstein,
|Dr. David Brinkman,
||contact your coach.
|Air Force ROTC: