The Importance of Food Safety Regulations
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Rising food costs have persuaded many people to plant gardens. You may be thinking about preserving your harvest for the first time—or dusting off old canning equipment. Food preservation has evolved over the years. With the knowledge of what foodborne illnesses can occur, it is important to use proper procedures and tested recipes to prepare safe preserved foods.
For cost and availability of the following classes and programs within Wyoming, contact the University of Wyoming Extension Educator nearest you.
Be sure to make altitude adjustments when working with clients in Wyoming.
- FreshPreserving.com (Jarden Home Brands)
- Major Canning Sins (Utah State University)
- Safety of Canning Quick Breads (Utah State University)
- USDA's Complete Guide to Home Canning (USDA)
- Introduction & complete table of contents for all 7 guides
- Principles of Home Canning
- Selecting, Preparing, and Canning Fruit and Fruit Products
- Selecting, Preparing, and Canning Tomatoes and Tomato Products
- Selecting, Preparing, and Canning Vegetables and Vegetable Products
- Preparing and Canning Poultry, Red Meats, and Seafood
- Preparing and Canning Fermented Food and Pickled Vegetables
- Preparing and Canning Jams and Jellies
- MontGuides (Montana State University Extension Service)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (U. of Georgia)