Some of the content on this website requires JavaScript to be enabled in your web browser to function as intended. While the website is still usable without JavaScript, it should be enabled to enjoy the full interactive experience.

Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is Account Balance different from Amount Due?

Account Balance is dynamic and reflects all transactions as they are posted to your student account.  This should be considered your "current balance".  Note that financial aid and other payment transactions post to student accounts in our nightly processing, so may not effect the account balance immediately.

Amount Due is the amount that was due at the time the latest billing statement was produced, so it is a point-in-time amount associated with the Bill Date.  This amount does not change as new transactions are posted until the next bill is produced.


How can I set up a parent pin so they can pay my account online?

The student  sets up the PIN for the parent or authorized user.  To set up the PIN:

   Student logs into WyoWeb, and clicks on Student Financials tab.  In the My Account box, click on the credit card icon next to the balance due; you'll be directed to the payment screen.  Click on the your account link at the top of the payment screen.  Locate the box for Parent PIN on the left and click on the Add New link.  The PIN can be whatever the student wants to make it.  The email should be the parent's email address.  Click submit and an email will be sent to the previously entered address.  This email will provide the PIN and temporary password.

The parent then navigates to, selects P from the A-Z Index, and chooses Pay Now Online to access the payment page.  Click on 'Parents and authorized users ...' link and log in with the PIN and Password provided in the email.

Why is there interest added to my account?

It is University policy to charge interest on past due balances.  Interest is charged at a rate of 1.5% per month (18% annually)  and is applied to student accounts after each billing due date has passed.


Where can I find the payment policy?

The current term payment policy is defined on the Financial Services Business Office home page.  The policy is also published in the Class Schedule each semester, on or around page 12.  An electronic version of the financial pages of the Class Schedule can be found by following the link provided on the Accounts Receivable home page.


What is the UW Cowboy Card?

The UW Cowboy Card Debit MasterCard® is an electronic refunding program being offered to students through a partnership with Higher One Inc.  All registered students should get a UW Cowboy Card in the mail.  Using the 16-digit number on the card, the student will gain access to the website where they will make a choice about how they want to receive credit balance refunds in the future.

Who is Higher One?

University of Wyoming has partnered with Higher One to deliver your financial aid refund. We are committed to delivering 100% of your refund at no cost, providing students with clear choices and offering great customer service.

What are my choices for receiving my student account credit balance refund?

You have three choices for receiving your credit balance refunds:

1.      Paper check - by selecting this option, a paper check will be generated and mailed to you at your current mailing address each time you are owed a refund from your student account at UW.

2.      ACH to existing bank account - by selecting this option, your funds will be transferred electronically to your existing bank account.  When you select this option you will need to provide the system with your routing and account number information for your existing domestic bank account.  A verification form will then be printed off of the system.  You will need to sign the form and can bring it by the Accounts Receivable office in Knight Hall so that it can be faxed to Higher One to complete the verification process.

3.      Electronic transfer to your new OneAccount - if you do not have an existing bank account but would like to have your funds deposited electronically, the program offers you a bank account called the OneAccount.  By activating this account, you will be opening a fully-functioning bank account and the UW Cowboy Card will become an active debit card.  While there are no monthly fees for the OneAccount, other banking transactions, such as wire transfers, may carry a fee.  Please read all of the account disclosures carefully before opening the account.

  Accounts Include:

         Money deposited to the account the same business day funds are released by the University to Higher One.  Plus great mobile features and easy ways to deposit!

    OneAccount edge
         Money deposited to the account the same business day funds are released by the University to Higher One.  Plus great mobile features, easy ways to deposit
         and only one monthly service fee! (No other fees charged by Higher One.)

    OneAccount Premier
         Money deposited to the account the same business day funds are released by the University to Higher One.  Plus great mobile features, premium cash back
         rewards and access to the expansive Allpoint®Network of ATMs!

 OneAccount Edge and OneAccount Premier may not be available to all customers or may only be available to customers who have already opened a OneAccount.
 Checking accounts serviced by Higher One, Inc. have a monthly service fee. See applicable fee schedule for further details.

 Accounts held at WEX Bank, Member FDIC.

If a refund preference is not chosen, there will be a significant delay in the disbursement of your refund.


Who do I talk to if I have not received my Cowboy Card?

If you have never received a Cowboy Card or it was lost or destroyed before you made a refund selection, please visit the Accounts Receivable Office or the Cashier's Office in Knight Hall.  They can assist you with verifying your mailing addresses and requesting a replacement card. 


What is CIP verification and who must complete it?

CIP is the Customer Identification Program, which is necessary to comply with Section 326 of the USA Patriot Act, passed in an effort to prevent terrorist funds from flowing within the US banking system.  All students who are issued a UW Cowboy Card and select to open the OneAccount are required by law to be verified.  For most students, verification can be done online without administrative help.  If your verification fails, please visit the UW Cashier's Office in the west end of Knight Hall.  We can get you verified online with a valid US driver's license or a valid passport.

©2014 Higher One, Inc. Higher One and the Higher One logo are registered trademarks of Higher One,
Inc. All other names and logos are owned by their respective owners.

Share This Page:

Footer Navigation

University of Wyoming Medallion
1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071 // UW Operators (307) 766-1121 // Contact Us // Download Adobe Reader