Skip to Main Navigation. Each navigation link will open a list of sub navigation links.

Skip to Main Content

Apply to the University of Wyoming apply now

Global Resource Navigation

Visit Campus
Download UW Viewbook
Give to UW
The Snowy Range mountains
Contact Us

Accounts Receivable

Office Location: Knight Hall 172

Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm

Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm

1000 E University Ave

Dept. 3623

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-6232

Fax: (307) 766-6677


Frequently Asked Questions


How do I view my statement?

  • On WyoWeb, click on the Students link under WyoRecords and log in
  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Student Financial Portal
  • Click on View under Statements
  • Select which billing statement you would like to see and click on View
  • Make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled or allows to you view your statement

**For statements prior to May 2016, in WyoWeb go to Student Account and then Statement and Payment History.  Here you can select a Statement Bill Date to view older statements.  Below there is a statement summary that lists all of the charges and payments made toward your account.**

Why is my statement amount different than my account balance?

  • Account balance is dynamic and reflects all transactions as they are posted to your student account.  This should be considered your "current balance."  Note that financial aid and other payment transactions post to student accounts in our nightly processing, so they may not affect the account balance immediately.
  • Your statement or bill amount may be different for a variety of reasons:
    • If any charges or payments have occurred since your last statement.
    • If you have charges on your account that are future dated.
      • For example, spring charges are available to view toward the end of November, but are not effective until January.

How do I view my account activity and account balance?

  • On WyoWeb, click on the Students link under WyoRecords and log in
  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Student Financial Portal
  • Under the Student Account heading, click on the View Activity button
  • At the top, your Student Account Balance will be listed on the right-hand side
    • Your Account Balance is the total amount, including all previous semester, that you owe
  • Click on the semester you would like to view, and your Account Activity will be listed.  This will include all charges and credits on your student account (to date) for that semester
    • If you view your Account Activity BEFORE a semester begins and Financial Aid has NOT been applied yet, you can see your Estimated Financial Aid
  • Below your Account Activity will be your Term Balance
    • Your Term Balance is the balance listed for the term you have selected to view
    • Please note:  Your Account and Term Balances will change if you make changes to your class schedule, have other charges added (such as bookstore, student health, or library book charges), change your meal plan, or have your Financial Aid updated.  Please check your account regularly!

How do I get my parent(s) or other individual(s) to receive my bill?


How can I pay my bill?

Make an online payment:

  • On WyoWeb, click on Pay UW Bill and log in
  • Click on the Online Payments link
  • Click on Make Payment
  • Select current account balance and type in the amount you want to pay
  • Hit continue and select your payment method
    • You can pay by e-check (free), debit card ($4.95 flat rate fee), or credit card (2.85% or $3 minimum fee)
    • If you have saved a payment method, you can select that method without inputting the information again

Mail in a check:  Please make checks payable to University of Wyoming and send to:

University of Wyoming

Dept. 3903 - Cashier's Office

1000 E University Ave

Laramie, WY 82071

Pay in person at the Cashier's office in Knight Hall room 170 with cash, check, or money order.

  • Regular hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
  • Summer hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
  • For after-hours payments, please use the drop box

How does an Authorized User make a payment on a student account?

  • Log into the Authorized User Portal
  • Click on Make Payment
  • Select current account balance and type in the amount you want to pay
  • Hit continue and select your payment method
    • You can pay by e-check (free), debit card ($4.95 flat rate fee), or credit card (2.85% or $3 minimum fee)
    • If you have saved a payment method, you can select that method without inputting the information again

What are the payment deadlines?

The payment deadlines for fall and spring are the same every semester:

  • All charges are due by the third Friday of the semester!
  • Any student with an unpaid balance after the payment date will be automatically enrolled in the University's three installment payment plan and a $15 fee will be added
  • The first installment of all prior term charges plus 1/3 of the current term charges is due prior to 4:00 pm on the third Friday of the semester
  • The second installment payment is due three weeks after the first installment date (sixth Friday of the semester)
  • The third (and final) installment payment is due six weeks after the first installment date (ninth Friday of the semester)
  • Summer payment dates are around the beginning of June, July, and paid in full by the first of August

How do I sign up for the payment plan?

  • Log into WyoWeb
  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Student Financial Portal
  • Click on Payment Plans and Enroll Now

**For customized payment plans beyond regular payment dates, students must contact Student Financial Operations by email at, by phone at 307-766-3832, or in person at Knight Hall room 250.  Holds will remain on the account until it is paid in full.**

What happens if a student or family cannot pay their bill by the due date?

If the balance is not paid by the last due date, students are NOT dropped from their current classes.  Students will incur a 1.5% interest charge on the unpaid balance monthly and a transcript/registration hold if they do not pay by the due date.  This hold will not be lifted until the past due balance is paid.  If no payment is made, the student will be sent to a third party collection agency within as early as three months.

Credit Cards

What credit cards are accepted?

The University of Wyoming accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Card for payments of tuition, fees, residence hall and dining charges, student health insurance, and other charges.

Can I make a credit card payment over the phone for charges on my student account?

No.  As of July 1, 2015, the University of Wyoming does not accept credit card payments by mail, in person, over the phone, email, or via fax for student account payments.  Credit card payments are no longer processed by UW.  TouchNet, a secure third-party payment service provider, processes online credit card payments for tuition, fees, and other student-related financial charges.

Is there a fee for using a credit or debit card online for student account payments?

Yes.  As of July 1, 2015, card users are assessed a separate, non-refundable convenience fee.  For debit cards there is a flat rate fee of $4.95 and for credit cards there is a fee of 2.85% of the payment amount (or $3 minimum) at the time of each card payment for student account charges.  The non-refundable convenience fee is assessed by our third-party processor, not UW, and will be included in your total payment amount on your credit card statement (bank statement for debit cards).  For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.

Are convenience fees refundable?

No.  The 2.85% ($3 minimum) fee for credit cards and $4.95 flat rate fee for debit cards is non-refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back.  Any convenience fee disputes must be taken directly to your credit card company (or to your bank for debit card disputes).

How can I pay my student account and avoid the convenience fee?

  • E-check payments from checking and savings accounts will continue to be accepted online without a convenience fee
  • Mail checks or cashier checks to the following address:
University of Wyoming
Dept. 3903 Cashier's Office
1000 E University Ave
Laramie, WY 82071
  • Pay in person with cash or check at the Cashier's Office located in Knight Hall room 170.  The office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm during the fall and spring semesters and 8:30am to 4:30pm during the summer semester.

Why can't I see the convenience fee charge on my student account?

The convenience fee is assessed by our third-party processor, not UW, so it will not appear on your student account.  There will however, be two separate transactions that appear on your credit card statement (or bank statement for debit cards).  One transaction for the student account payment and one transaction for the convenience fee.

Why is a convenience fee added for credit card and debit card payments?

The costs associated with processing credit/debit cards continues to grow each year, and the University wants to continue to offer the option to pay by credit card.  Unfortunately, the University of Wyoming cannot continue to absorb these costs.  In order to address this annual demand on its budget, the University made changes effective July 1, 2015 in the way credit card payments are accepted for student financial accounts: by passing the cost of the credit card convenience fee along to those using the service.  This change was approved by the University’s Board of Trustees along with the annual Fee Book.  The convenience fee charged by our third party processor, TouchNet, covers the cost of processing credit and debit card payments. UW does not receive any part of the convenience fee.

Do other universities charge convenience fees for credit and debit card payments?

Yes.  Many other private and public universities have been charging credit/debit card convenience fees for quite some time.  The University strongly believes that by not absorbing these costs, we will be able to use those funds to better serve the University of Wyoming’s mission of teaching, research, and public services.


What are my choices for receiving my student account credit balance?

You now have two choices for receiving your credit balance refunds: electronic refunds (which are processed daily) or paper checks (which are only mailed out once a week).

  • WyoRefunds e-refunding - by opting into this option, your funds will be directly deposited electronically to your bank account that you provided.  When you select this option you will need to provide the system with your routing and account number information for your existing domestic checking or savings bank account.  
  • Paper check - if you do not opt into WyoRefunds for direct deposit refunding, you will be mailed a paper check from the University of Wyoming.  Checks are only printed once a week on Wednesdays are are mailed to your current mailing address in our system. If you do not have a current mailing address in our system or have an international address, your check will be mailed to our office.
  • Please be aware that if your refund check is due to Title IV Federal Funds and is not cashed within 90 days, the funds will be returned to the lender.  If you have any questions whether your refund check is due to Title IV Federal Funds, please contact our office!

What is WyoRefunds?

WyoRefunds is a new, simpler method for students to receive credit balance refunds via direct deposit into an existing checking or savings account.  This can be set up by the student through WyoRecords in the Student Account tab.

How do I set up WyoRefunds?

For instructions on how to set up WyoRefunds, please view our WyoRefunds Setup page!

Why is my refund still pending on my account?

Electronic refunds are processed by 10:30am each weekday.  If your account says Pending Credit Balance Refund after this time, you have either not set up your direct deposit or you have had a rejection associated with your WyoRefunds account so your refund will be processed as a paper check.

Where is my refund?

  • If you have a credit on your account, your refund has not been processed.  We flag accounts nightly with a credit to be refunded the following morning.
    • Enrollment deposits are not refunded until the end of your first semester.
  • If your account says Pending Credit Balance Refund and it is after 10:30 am, you will be mailed a check when we print and send our checks on Wednesday.
    • If you have not set up WyoRefunds and we process your refund on Wednesday, it will not be sent out as a check until the following Wednesday.
  • If your account says Credit Balance Paper Check, a check was sent to the mailing address we have on file.  If there was no mailing address, it was sent to your permanent address.  If there was no mailing or permanent address on file, your check was sent to our office.  Please keep your address updated in WyoWeb under Personal Information.
  • If your account says Electronic Refund, please allow 2-5 business days for the refund to be deposited into your bank account.

Authorized Users

How do I set up an authorized user to receive statement notifications?

For instructions on how to set up an authorized user, please see our Authorized User Setup page!

Can my authorized user view my 1098-T?

Yes, but only if the student gives permission when they set the authorized user up.  The student can allow authorized users to view one or all of the following:  billing statements, payment history, and 1098-Ts.  The student can edit their authorized user at any time to change permissions.

How does an authorized user log in to pay my bill or view my 1098-T?

Log into the Authorized User Portal:

Enter your email and password into the Authorized User section and click Login.

  • To pay a bill:  Click on Make Payment
  • To view a 1098-T:  Click on My Account, then Statements.  You can view the form by tax year under 1098-T Tax Statement.


What is a Form 1098-T?

All eligible educational institutions must file an IRS Form 1098-T Tuition Statement for each qualifying student for whom a reportable transaction is made during the calendar year.

Please note that the Form 1098-T may not provide all of the information you need to determine eligibility for tax credits and deductions.  Eligibility for any tax benefit depends upon your individual facts and circumstances.  The University does not provide tax advice.  The 1098-T form is available for the student to assist in determining eligibility to claim a tax credit or tax deduction such as the American Opportunity Tax Credit, the Lifetime Learning Credit, or the Tuition and Fees Deduction.  See IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education at for additional information.

I have not received my 1098-T in the mail.  Why is this?

As of January 1, 2017, the University is no longer mailing out hard copies of 1098-T tax forms.  Each student agrees to receive their 1098-T electronically when they agree to the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement each semester.

Where can I view my 1098-T information in WyoWeb?

Click on the Students link under WyoRecords and log into WyoWeb:

For tax forms for 2016 and later:

  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Student Financial Portal
  • Click on My Account and then Statements
  • Under 1098-T Tax Statement, you may view by tax year

For tax forms prior to 2016:

  • Click on Student Account
  • Click on Tax Form 1098-T
  • Enter the Tax Year and Submit

Why is there nothing represented in Box 1 on my 1098-T?

Institutions of higher education have the option of reporting either payments received (Box 1) or qualified charges billed (Box 2) to the IRS.  Box 1 for payments received will be blank for all University of Wyoming students.  UW does not report payment information to the IRS.  For a detailed listing of all of your charges and payments for the year, you will need to view your account history through WyoWeb.  The form is not a receipt and the student is responsible for providing documentation of payments (credit card statements, bank statements, etc).

What are qualified charges?

Eligible charges include tuition and fees required to enroll at or attend an eligible educational institution; and course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies, and equipment that are required for the courses at the eligible educational institution.  These items must be required of all students in your course of instruction.

If I do not want to receive my 1098-T electronically, what do I do?

Per the Student Financial Responsibility Statement, you consent to receive your annual IRS Form 1098-T electronically from the University.  You can withdraw this consent by filling out an Electronic Consent Withdrawal for 1098-T Tax Form.  This form can either be found on our Forms page or you may request the form in person at Accounts Receivable, Knight Hall 172 or by email at or Please allow up to two weeks to receive your 1098-T in the mail from date of submission.

Past Due Accounts

Why is there interest on my account?

It is University policy to charge interest on past due balances.  Interest is charged at a rate of 1.5% per month (18% annually) and is applied to student accounts after each billing due date has passed.

Why do I have a Bursar's Hold?

Bursar's holds are placed on accounts when students have a balance that is past due.  In order for the hold to be released, the student must pay their balance.  Holds will then be released in nightly processing.

How do I pay my bill with a Collection Hold?

If we were unable to collect payment, or a student defaults on a payment agreement, the account will be sent to a third party collection agency.  Your hold should have the name and phone number of the agency to which all payments and inquiries must be made.  The amount may be different with the collection agency, as there may be extra collection costs.

I have a Bad Debt Write-Off Hold on my account.  How do I pay this?

Please call Accounts Receivable at 307-766-6232 or 1-800-370-3188 or email  We will have to place the charges back on your account before you can make a payment.  Payment must be made in full before the hold can be released.


Why can't I make a payment through the Payment Portal?

There are different reasons why a student would receive an error or be unable to make a payment:

  • If the student is trying to pay with an international bank account, you cannot use the Payment Portal through WyoWeb.  You must use Flywire if you are paying with an international bank account.
  • If the page for the payment portal is not loading, please try another browser or clear your history and cache.  The browser, Microsoft Edge, often gives errors.
  • If a screen is not opening (example: your billing statement), make your sure pop up blocker is disabled or turned off.
  • If the student is receiving an error code such as -1971, this means the routing number or account number for an electronic check are incorrect - either the wrong amount of digits or the wrong type of account.  Also, if you have a credit limit or transaction limit on your credit or debit card, you may receive a payment error.  At this point, it would be best for the student to check with their banking institution.

It is telling me I need a pin number to log in?

You do NOT need a pin number to log in as a student or authorized user.

  • If you are a student, log into WyoWeb through the Students link under WyoRecords (WyoWeb Login).  DO NOT USE the Pay Now Online - Parent Access link!  Try clearing your cache and history if you are being directed to a screen with a PIN as a student.
  • If you are an authorized user, use the Pay Now Online - Parent Access link, but log in with your email and password under Authorized User.

I am locked out of my account.  What do I do?

For Student WyoWeb accounts:  You may experience an account lock-out when you enter an incorrect password more than three times.  When changing your password it is important to remember that your previous passwords will be made invalid.  Once changed, your password will need to be re-entered into any service or device connected to UW resources.  If these device passwords are not updated they will continue to attempt, and fail, to authenticate to the UW Domain.  This will result in your account being automatically locked for too many failed authentication attempts.  To resolve these issues, it may be necessary to update your password in more than one area of the device settings:  email, calendar and contacts password(s), and the passwords used by any third party Apps.

Account lock-outs last for 15-30 minutes.  After this amount of time has passed, the account will automatically unlock and you will be able to enter your username and password.  If you continue to experience an account lock-out, please click "Request Help" and fill out the form.  If it is during normal business hours you can also call the IT Help Desk at 307-766-4357.

For Authorized User accounts:  You may experience an account lock-out when you enter an incorrect email or password more than four times.  Account lock-outs last for about 30 minutes.  After this amount of time has passed, the account will automatically unlock and you will be able to try and log in again.  We suggest you reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link underneath the Authorized User login.  You will receive an email with your new password to log in with.

I can't remember my username and password.  What do I do?

  • Go to WyoWeb
  • At the top right of the page, click on Obtain Username and Password
    • Fill out your information and submit


  • At the top right of the page, click on Password Reset Portal
    • You can use the Password Reset Utility OR
    • Call IT to get your password reset at 307-766-4357

If you are an authorized user, please check for the original emails you received with your login information.  If you have changed your password since then, you will want to click on the "Forgot your password?" link underneath the Authorized User login to reset.  If this does not work or your email has changed, your student may have to delete and re-set you up as an authorized user.

Sponsored Students/Third Party

What do I need to do for my sponsor/program to pay my bill?

You will need to email a copy of your Financial Guarantee or Tuition Authorization to each semester.  After the last add/drop date, we will send an invoice to your program/third party.  You will be responsible for charges your sponsor will not cover.  **Insurance must be waived by the last add/drop date of the semester otherwise you will be responsible for this charge!**

Why do I have a hold on my account?

We have not received payment from your sponsor by the deadline.  Per the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement, “If financial aid is not granted or if third party sponsors do not pay within a reasonable period, you will be required to pay the full amount due.”  Please check with your sponsor regarding payment processing.  Visit our office in Knight Hall room 172 or call us at 307-766-6691 if you have questions on when your sponsor/third party was invoiced.

How do I know what charges I am responsible for?

Most third parties and sponsors cover only tuition and fees.  It is best to check your account online frequently to see what charges you are responsible for.  If you have any questions on a charge, please contact our office by email at or by phone at 307-766-6691.

What if I change my class schedule after Accounts Receivable has invoiced my sponsor/program?

If you have added or dropped classes after the last add/drop day, please contact our office by email at or by phone at 307-766-6691 so that we will know to resubmit an updated invoice. If you withdraw from a class after the last add/drop day, you will be responsible for the balance of that class.

International Students

What if I am having trouble getting money out of my country?

Please come see the Accounts Receivable office before the payment deadlines so that we can help you early in the semester.  In certain circumstances, we can write your bank a formal letter requesting payment.

Why am I being charged health insurance and the part-time benefit package?

As part of tuition and mandatory fees, international students will be required to purchase a University of Wyoming Student Health Insurance Plan unless their government specifically provides them with adequate insurance.  Determination of adequate coverage shall be made by Student Health Service.  Please contact the Student Health Insurance Office by email at or by phone at 307-766-3025 for insurance waiver requirements.  Part-time students electing to enroll in the student medical insurance program must also purchase the Part-Time Benefit Package.  The Part-Time Benefit Package entitles the student to the following full-time student benefits: eligibility for services at the Student Health Service, access to Recreational activities, and admission to intercollegiate athletic events.

Dropping/Withdrawing from Classes

What is the difference between dropping a class and withdrawing from a class?

If you drop a class, this means that all tuition and fees associated with that class will be removed from your student account.  The class will not show up on your transcript.

If you withdraw from a class after the add/drop deadline, you will only receive a percentage of tuition back and any fees associated with the class are non-refundable.  The class will show up on your transcript with a "W" (withdrawal) for the grade.

What is UW's policy regarding refunds/cancellations for tuition and fees?

Tuition and course fees will be canceled or refunded in accordance with the institutional refund schedule to a student who:

  1. Officially drops a class or classes
  2. Withdraws from UW through the Dean of Students office
  3. Changes their enrollment status (ex: non-resident to resident or full-time to part-time)

No tuition penalty will be assessed for dropping and adding DURING the drop/add period identified in the term's Class Schedule unless all classes are dropped or an all-school withdrawal is processed.  Students who withdraw from individual courses AFTER the end of the drop/add period will have their charges canceled in accordance with the institutional refund schedule.

Mandatory fees, late registration fees, and service fees are NOT refundable.

How much of a refund will I get if I withdraw from a class?

Refunds will only be for a percentage of tuition; fees are non-refundable after the add/drop deadline!

Fall and Spring Refund Schedule  *for full-term (16 week) classes*

 Semester Class Days   Percentage 
 1-8   100%
 9-15  80%
 16-20  70%
 21-25  60%
 26-30  50%
 31-35  40%
 36 and on  0%


Summer Refund Schedule

 Session  Drop/Add   50%  25%  0%
 12 weeks   6 days  7-15 days   16-29 days   30+ days 
 8 weeks  4 days  5-9 days  10-20 days   21+ days 
 6 weeks  3 days  4-8 days  9-15 days  16+ days 
 4 weeks  2 days  3-5 days  6-10 days  11+ days 
 3 weeks  2 days  3-4 days  5-8 days  9+ days
 2 weeks  1 day  2-3 days  4-5 days  6+ days
 1 week  1 day  2 days  3 days  4+ days


Where can I find the refund schedule for the classes I'm taking?

For specific dates, please refer to the Class Schedule at  Select the semester you would like to view and then click on the Tuition and Fees link.  The refund schedule will be in the Refunds/Cancellations section of the document.

The refund schedule dates are also available via your WyoWeb account.  Please go to and click on the Students link under WyoRecords to log in.  Once logged in, click on the Student Account tab and then on Refund Schedule.

On the Accounts Receivable website students can view information about the refund schedule on our Tuition & Fees page and on our Frequently Asked Questions page!

How do I do an All-School Withdrawal?

If you decide to do an All-School Withdrawal you must begin with the Dean of Students office and follow the steps as outline at

If I drop/withdraw from a class or classes, what happens to my financial aid award?

BEFORE you decide to withdraw or drop classes, please talk with the Financial Aid office!  The money you received for grants, loans, or scholarships may be adjusted or taken back (and may affect aid for future semesters)!

To review the Federal Return of Funds Policy and how dropping/withdrawing from classes may affect your aid, please visit  If you have any questions on this policy, please contact the Financial Aid office by phone at 307-766-3790, by email at, or in person in Knight Hall 174.

How do I do an exception to drop a class/classes after the add/drop deadline?

If you are withdrawing from a class/classes after the add/drop date or after the refund period, you may fill out an exception to drop with the Registrar at (click on the link for Exception Requests online).  You must submit a separate request for EACH class you are wanting to drop by exception.

Filling out this exception to drop does NOT guarantee that your charges will be removed.  The Registrar will review your request and send you a notice that it has either been approved or denied.  If your request is approved, all tuition and fees associated with the class(es) will be removed and the class(es) will not show up on your transcript.

If my exception request is denied and I have extenuating circumstances but do not feel like I received the refund I should have, what should I do?

If your exception request to drop your class(es) is NOT approved, you may submit an exception to the charges request to the Financial Services Business Office at  You must be successfully withdrawn from the class(es) before your request will be considered.  In your email please give as many details as possible about your situation, provide valid documentation of your extenuating circumstances, and explain the reasons why you feel the charges should be dropped.


Advising and Program Fees

When will these fees be assessed to UW students?

Beginning in the Fall 2018 semester, the University will assess Advising and Program Fees to students taking main campus classes with course codes below the 5000-level.  The Board of Trustees approved the implementation of these fees last November (2017) in order to enhance advising, career preparation, and other student services.

What will the advising fees be used for?

Revenues from the advising fee will be used to implement a new professional advising model at the University, while also expanding student success, career planning, and career placement services.  It will also allow students to interact with highly trained, professional advisors, with major and program advising done by highly trained, college-based professionals.

How much will the advising fee cost students?

All on-campus courses below the 5000-level will be assessed an Advising Fee of $6.00 per credit hour.

What will the program fees be used for?

Revenues from the program fees will go towards covering essential program supplies and materials (based on the varying costs of different programs) while also improving advising and career services in order to help students graduate in 4 years and be more prepared for their careers.  

The fee revenues will stay with the individual academic units to go toward enhanced advising, career preparation, assurance of course availability, and other student services.

How much will the program fees cost students?

Program fees for each college will be as follows (for all on-campus courses below the 5000-level):

 College/Program  Program Fee 
 College of Agriculture   $15.00/cr hr 
 College of Arts and Sciences   $3.00/cr hr
      Science-Quantitative  $15.00/cr hr 
      Visual and Performing Arts   $25.00/cr hr
 College of Business  $20.00/cr hr 
 College of Education  $22.00/cr hr 
 College of Engineering and Applied Sciences   $25.00/cr hr 
 Haub School of Environment and Natural Resources   $20.00/cr hr 
 College of Health Sciences  $6.00/cr hr
      Communication Disorders  $21.00/cr hr 
      Kinesiology and Health  $21.00/cr hr 
      Nursing  $21.00/cr hr 

What have people at UW said about these advising/program fees?

“This reboot of UW’s advising system will result in consistent, reliably available, year-round advising with centrally trained and certified advisers.  These professionals will develop intentional, relational contact with students to help them overcome barriers and challenges, minimizing errors that lead to increased time to graduation.” – UW Provost office

“These fees recognize varying costs of each academic program…Program fees provide a mechanism to more closely tie the true cost of education to the students most likely to benefit from a course of study, and to hold our academic units accountable to students for the quality of their education.” – UW Department of Economics Professor

“We are excited about what these program fees will do to assist us in our efforts to deliver a Tier-1 educational experience to our students, including internship opportunities, and in preparing them for outstanding careers.  The fees also will help ensure that our student labs are kept up to date with the same equipment they will see in industry. The additional expense will be more than worth it to our students, while keeping our cost of attendance extremely competitive with our peers.” – UW College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Dean

“Challenging times need not undermine the university’s commitment to quality, accessible and affordable higher education. That is what the program fee proposal will help us accomplish -- keeping costs low while enhancing academic advising and program quality.” – UW President

When will students see the benefits of the advising and program fees they are paying?

Students will see the new services and instructional benefits beginning when the new fees start, in the Fall 2018 semester.

Share This Page:

Contact Us

Accounts Receivable

Office Location: Knight Hall 172

Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm

Summer Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm

1000 E University Ave

Dept. 3623

Laramie, WY 82071

Phone: (307) 766-6232

Fax: (307) 766-6677


1000 E. University Ave. Laramie, WY 82071
UW Operators (307) 766-1121 | Contact Us | Download Adobe Reader

Twitter Icon Youtube Icon Instagram Icon Facebook Icon

Accreditation | Virtual Tour | Emergency Preparedness | Employment at UW | Gainful Employment | Privacy Policy | Harassment & Discrimination | Accessibility Accessibility information icon