Financial Services Business Office
Updated: July 2015
The University cashiering system (TouchNet) has the ability to accept online payments for UW departments through Marketplace sites. These sites are referred to by various names (e-commerce site, checkout site, storefront) and are designed to accept credit card payments and send an electronic receipt to the payer. They are not designed to be a front-end shopping site or conference registration site. The following steps need to be completed to have a payment site created for your department.
Site set-up process:
Please note that site creation takes about 5 business days to complete after we have all of the information about your site. Some sites take more time.
- Make sure you have an account in PISTOL in which to store your revenue. You will need the account-fund-org number in order to complete the request in step 2.
- Complete the Marketplace request form - click here for the form.
- Your request information will be reviewed and you will be contacted if there are additional details needed to complete site set up.
- You will be notified when the site is ready to test and when it is available for use.
- Will you program my conference registration site?
- No. The TouchNet Marketplace site will be set up to securely accept payments on your behalf. If you have a conference registration form that must be filled out online, you will need to have a technical person do the coding and maintenance of that site and connect it to the TouchNet site. Our personnel will assist you in making the connection between your web registration site and the TouchNet payment site.
- My site only has a few items can you set that up for me?
- If your site has less than 5 items and requires updating of prices/items less than twice a year, this may be possible.
- If you have a large inventory or one that changes frequently, or have prices that change often, you should have a separate storefront that you can maintain which will pass payment information to a TouchNet Marketplace site.
- How will the money get into my account?
- At the end of each day, transactions that have occurred on your Marketplace site will be processed and deposited to the revenue account(s) that you specified on your set-up form. Using the order number, you will be able to match payments up to the registration/order information you collected on your site.